Full Time Employee
Stennis Space Center
NCCIPS Facilities Supervisor -(Electrical Engineer) (Job Number:421968)
- NCCIPS Facilities Supervisor NCCIPS is currently seeking a qualified Facilities Supervisor to lead a diverse team of professionals in support of the electrical engineering department staff in support of 7x24x365 data center facility operations.
- This position reports directly to the NCCIPS Deputy Facility Manager.
- This is a working supervisory position that includes both facilities and electrical engineering responsibilities.
- Responsible for development, modification and evaluation of electrical power systems.
- Develops specifications for selecting electrical components and equipment to use.
- Works on complex problems.
- Selected candidate will expedite review of proposed client system installations and changes, and the impact of those systems on the electrical infrastructure, including: Power Distribution Unit requirements to optimize use of available circuits; monitor actual versus design loads and recommend improvements for better utilization of infrastructure, and development of panel schedules and requirements for electrical installations and upgrades.
- Plan and monitor the work of the Engineering staff supporting priorities established by management and Project Managers.
- Ensure process information accurately reflects status. Contribute to planning, design, and construction projects and departmental initiatives.
- Review and approve time cards on a weekly basis per company policy.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of junior staff
- Provide quality control and quality assurance of Electrical Engineering staff to ensure compliance with codes, department instructions, work schedules and quality standards.
- Regularly perform quality assurance inspections on completed jobs and work packets; ensure and document, if needed, conformance with institutional standards, mechanical codes, OSHA regulations, lock out-tag out, confined space protocols, Material Safety Data Sheets, engineering specifications, and other relevant local, state, and federal regulations.
- The Supervisor will work with Project Managers to plan, schedule, and prioritize work for the Electrical Engineering department
- Support development new and review of existing operational and preventative maintenance plans and procedures.
- Respond to emergencies and high priority situations; contribute your expertise as needed.
- Participate with training team in identification and development of technical training
- Knowledge of coordination studies, arc flash studies, fault current analysis and other electrical safety requirements as pertains to operation in a critical infrastructure facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and 6+ years of related experience
- Must have knowledge of electrical systems and Facility operational requirements including: power factor correction, branch circuit load calculation and optimization, high capacity (1000kVA) Uninterruptable Power Supplies, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) large power backup generator and control systems, high and medium voltage switchgear, 13.8kV power systems and below, SCADA.
- Knowledgeable of IEEE standards and National Electrical Code required.
- Experience in troubleshooting and/or oversight and management of team capable of troubleshooting major electrical and facility equipment installations, maintenances, and unplanned outage repairs.
- Locates malfunctions, traces sources and circuits using voltmeters, amp-meters, watt-meters and other testing equipment.
- Must be able to oversee field installations, develop strategic goals and policy.
- Must have excellent communication skill (both oral and written) and good reading skills to interpret drawings and electrical code specifications.
- Teamwork skills are a must when working on large projects with co- workers and client representatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Office software required.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret clearance prior to start date.
- Inability to obtain and maintain a final Secret clearance will result in ineligibility.
- Data center power systems experience desired. Professional Engineer, desired. CAD experienced desired.
- Power generation, utility distribution experience desired.
- Overcurrent protection coordination, arc flash analysis (with associated work plans), EasyPower (software)
- Normal schedule is 8 hours/day Monday through Friday.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
- Ability to obtain & maintain a DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and/or facilities.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2016, 8:46:52 AM
Primary Location: United States-MS-STENNIS SPACE CENTER
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: