Full Time Employee
Stennis Space Center
NITES-Next Software Systems Engineer (Job Number:422007)
WORK LOCATION IS IN SAN DIEGO, CA
SAIC is seeking a Software Systems Engineer to support the SPAWAR PMW 120 Naval Integrated Tactical Environmental System Next (NITES-Next) program. NITES-Next is a software-centric, Information Technology (IT) streaming program, providing capabilities to process, store and analyze Meteorology and Oceanography (METOC) data and products, and to assess the impact of present and forecasted METOC conditions. The Software Systems Engineer plans, conducts, and coordinates Navy METOC systems engineering, technical assistance and program acquisition activities. Performs technical planning, high level and detailed requirements definition, test planning and execution (to include use cases, test procedures and test data), software systems integration, and technical support for software systems and subsystems. Total software system product may include: concept design, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Experience with DoD, SPAWAR and PEO C4I systems engineering processes.
- Experience with Meteorology and Oceanography (METOC) software system requirements development and management including agile software development.
- Experience with DoD systems acquisition using the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) and DoD 5000 acquisition management processes.
- Experience authoring Navy program acquisition documentation.
- Experience estimating costs for software tasks.
- Experience overseeing and guiding software systems engineering development and documentation efforts.
- Must currently possess a Secret clearance and have the ability to obtain a TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Master’s Degree or better in Math, Science, Engineering, or Project Management with 7 years of experience in Systems Engineering
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2016, 11:22:51 AM
Primary Location: United States-MS-STENNIS SPACE CENTER
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: