Full Time Employee
Capabilities Developer - MMFC (Job Number:421984)
SAIC has an opening for a Capability Developer to support the Maneuver Center of Excellence (MCOE) Capabilities Development and Integration Directorate (CDID) located in Fort Benning, GA. The candidate selected will serve as the Analyst/Developer to support the Concept Development Division (CDD) at Fort Benning.
The selected candidates shall support the CDD with the coordination and development of the MMFC, revision of the Maneuver Force portion of the AOC and ACC, and execution of the MCoE CoL process used to inform development of current and future concepts. The selected candidate shall perform the following tasks in order to revise the Movement and Maneuver Functional Concept (the “Concept”) for publication and support execution of the MCoE CoL Process:
- Prepare a draft revision of the Concept taking into consideration information and data provided by the Government, including input from MCoE, TRADOC HQ, and other Centers and Schools (Intelligence, Sustainment, Fires, Protection, Aviation, Signal, etc.). Submit the draft to the COR for review and comment.
- Following Government review of the draft Concept, proceed to develop the Concept into final form, taking into account Government input to the draft, and shall submit the final draft to the COR for review and approval.
- As required, prepare articles suitable for publication in military Professional Journals, and submit same for review and approval by the Government prior to submission for publication.
- As required, provide written comments on documents, briefings and papers assigned to the CDD from the Capabilities Development and Integration Directorate (CDID), TRADOC HQ, HQ Department of the Army (HQDA), HQ, MCOE, and other Army and Department of Defense agencies. Suspense dates for review and comment shall be established as these materials are received by CDD, but are usually require a quick turn-around of as few as two to three days.
- Comment in a CDD working group both in writing and verbally, based on their previous experience, on Army doctrinal concepts, Field Manuals, Training Circulars, and other works that deal with Brigade Combat Teams, Battlefield Enhancement Brigade, Reconnaissance and Surveillance Brigade, Division, and Corps.
- Report to the CDD Division Chief the status of their on-going projects daily at the CDD “Stand-up.” At the Stand-up meeting further tasks are assigned by the Division Chief and contractor products are reviewed. The contractor should be prepared to discuss written products in working groups, meetings and VTCs. The selected candidate will be required to travel CONUS and within the NCR during the performance of this task order to attend meetings, conferences, and training. The selected candidate may be required to travel to off-site training locations. May be required to attend conferences and act as a voice for the Maneuver Center in areas related to the Movement and Maneuver concept, the Army Operating Concept, and the Army Capstone Concept.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of military experience
- Clearance eligible.
All applicants, applying for this position must depict the following minimum qualifications in their resume:
- 5+ years’ experience on maneuver doctrine and operations at the Brigade level and below
- 5+ years of experience understanding of military force structure and task organization.
- 5+ years’ experience conducting analysis, preparing and coordinating requirements,
- Decision papers, information papers and briefing slides.
- 3+ years’ experience Army Functional Concept for Movement and Maneuver (AFCMM),
- TRADOC Pamphlet 525-3-6 and TRADOC Pamphlet 71-20-3
- 3+ years’ experience composing, writing, and conducting analysis of events that support
- the Force 2025 and Beyond Governance Events
- 3+ years’ experience composing, writing and conducting analysis of the MCoE AWFCs
- for Entry Operations, Combined Arms Maneuver, Air- Ground Reconnaissance and Wide
- Area Security Operations.
- 3+ years’ experience working within a TRADOC Center of Excellence
- 5+ years’ experience using analytical tools and techniques, such as seminars,
- simulations, experiments and exercises, to develop near, mid and far term solutions to
- learning demands for each of the Brigade Combat Team formations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of JCIDS process
- Use of Automated Data Processing (ADP) equipment (Personal Computer, laptop) and their peripherals (printers, scanners, etc)
Former Battalion level senior leader, Project Management skills
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 4, 2016, 8:12:57 PM
Primary Location: United States-GA-COLUMBUS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: