Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** Required Experience:
• Two (2) years of experience providing support to Project Managers on customer-funded projects, or similar experience.
• Extensive knowledge of Excel.
• Good working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong written and verbal communications.
• A highly-organized, eager, and energetic individual is required.
• Familiarity with project scheduling tools (e.g., Microsoft Project, Primavera) is a plus.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience; identified skills and experience.
**Job #:** 16777BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins Information Management Services “IMS” (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins is seeking a Project Specialist/Project Coordinator to support the Security Systems portfolio in Cranberry Township (Pittsburgh, PA).
The ideal Project Specialist/Project Coordinator will:
• Support general office administration duties including but not limited to: customer visit requests, temporary access requests, NRC clearance paperwork support, shipping and receiving, petty cash administration, ordering office supplies, on site meeting logistics/coordination and other duties as assigned.
• Perform project control functions that include preparing financial reports, coordination with corporate support functions (finance, HR, purchasing, billing, A/P), analyzing financial charges, etc.
• Interface with Engineers to obtain status on daily activities.
• Manage project paperwork including filing, organizing, preparing letters, and attending meetings and take notes.
• Prepare FedEx shipping labels
• Communicate with staff, management and administrative personnel to gather or convey relevant information serving as a liaison between administrative staff and management.
• Attend staff meetings, take meeting minutes for department dissemination and track action items.
• Process all incoming communications including telephone calls, mail, and meeting inquiries.
• Prepare quotations for purchasing equipment, software, etc.
• Follow direction and execute duties given by Project Managers in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned to support the PMO, Engineering & Sr. Director.
To be successful in this position, the following goals will need to be accomplished on an ongoing basis:
• Train and understand project control functions.
• Utilize MS Project and Primavera to manage project paperwork and financials.
Think beyond year one for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: