Tatitlek Corporation (http://www.tatitlek.com/)
Full Time Employee
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Perform tasks at commercial and military installations to construct, erect, install, and repair temporary structures and fixtures of wood, concrete, metal, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter's hand tools and power tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Construction work on commercial and military buildings.
- Installation of hollow metal frames and doors and wood frames and doors.
- Installation of commercial door hardware.
- Installation of suspended acoustical ceiling systems.
- Follow directions and work with other crafts.
- Appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Installation of equipment and machines, to meet specifications.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Load/Unload trucks, moves supplies and materials to proper location.
- Stacks materials for storage or binning.
- Collects refuse and salvageable materials.
- General cleaning tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience with metal stud framing required.
- Current First Aid Certification preferred.
- Experience with all facets of carpentry, formwork, framing and finish work.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the building trades preferred.
- Commercial Carpentry experience preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of the standard methods, practices, principles, tools and equipment used in the carpentry trade.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety rules and regulations applicable to the trade.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Skills in the use of the tools and equipment of the carpentry trade.
This position requires the ability to maneuver around the construction sites; see, hear and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching, squatting, stretching, bending for prolonged periods of time; at times lift and carry up to as much at 70 pounds; near visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels.
This position requires own vehicle, driving and working out of doors in extreme heat/cold and possibly rainy weather and be able to work shifts if needed. Requires own tools.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS: Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance and good driving record required. Reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations. As a condition of employment, candidates for posted positions must have acceptable background check results and pass a pre-employment drug screening. This position may be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing on an unannounced basis.
Shareholder preference applies pursuant PL93-638
The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by law
To apply for this job, contact: