Full Time Employee Contractor
Windows/Linux Systems Administrator - Top Secret Clearance Required
CGI Federal is seeking a Windows/Linux Administrator for a federal project.
- Maintains awareness of technology evolution and proactively recommends further investigation where warranted.
- Researches hardware and software issues and prepares system design specifications to meet requirements.
- Ensures that security procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Applies IAVA/STIGs for servers.
- Establishes policies and procedures regarding access methods and time, security validation checks and documentation.
- Evaluates, develops and maintains servers and storage systems.
- Resolves downtime issues.
- Acts as a technical lead for junior technicians, locally or spread across multiple locations.
- Oversees the acquisition, installation, maintenance and usage of systems that comprise the IT/system Infrastructure.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and documents results.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility required
- Bachelor's degree
- Eight (8) years of additional experience, applicable training and/or certifications may be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree
- System Administration skills in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience with configuring and maintaining server hardware (blade and rackmount)
- Experience configuring and maintaining VMware and virtualized environments
- Experience with security tools
- Systems administration skills in Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Experience with scripting languages such as Windows PowerShell and Unix shell for troubleshooting and automation of routine tasks
- Experience maintaining multiple baseline environments (production, test, development)
- Experience with installation and maintenance of authentication/authorization software e.g. Active Directory
- Experience with configuration management software
- Security + Certification and CISSP
- Experience with installation and maintenance of databases such as Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience with interpretation and application of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience with installation and maintenance of application servers such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, and WebLogic
- Experience with installation and maintenance of web servers such as Apache HTTPD
- Experience with configuration management and software build processes
- Experience with cyber security tools
- Knowledgeable in license management and maintenance
- Knowledge of shell scripting for troubleshooting and automation of routine tasks
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: