Full Time Employee Contractor
Sr. Oracle Database Specialist - Top Secret Clearance Required
The Contractor shall create user data processes and information solutions by developing, implementing and maintaining software code using Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL). In performance of these services, the contractor shall:
- Design, develop, and maintain complex Java and PL/SQL applications built within Oracle 11g and higher relational database environment.
- Develop documentation for application and code.
- Work with users and application stakeholders to verify and validate requirement.
- Work with other Java/Oracle Developers and Database Administrator (DBA) to collaborate on
- Prescribe standards to simplify interpretation of programs and documentations as well as supervise the preparation of records and reports.
- Require detailed and comprehensive knowledge of assigned applications and systems.
- Knowledge in writing packages/procedures for Java facing applications.
- Write database triggers, PL/SQL, and packages according to the business requirements.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Evaluates, configures, or administers DBMS products to match user requirements with system capabilities.
- Determines file organization, indexing methods and security procedures for system databases.
- Plans and coordinates conversion and migration of existing (or legacy) databases to state of the art DBMSes.
- Experts in large and complex information technology systems implementation.
- Can apply expertise across multiple information technology platforms and in the integration of diverse architectures.
- BA/BS degree
- 8 years experience
- Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility required
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: