Full Time Employee Contractor
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator - Data Storage, Backup & Recovery - Top Secret Clearance Required
CGI Federal is seeking a Sr. Database Administrator for a federal project.
- Maintains and documents shell scripts and batch processes.
- Develops and applies procedures for periodic database backup.
- Designs, implements, and maintains databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation and statistical methods.
- Develops applications to help solve database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities and the operation and tuning of databases.
- Provides technical consulting in the definition, design and creation of a database environment.
- Assists, defines and oversees database organizations, standards, controls, procedures and documentation.
- Executes processes in SQL and PL/SQL for Oracle databases such as stored procedures/functions/packages, database job, materialized view, view, synonyms and DB link.
- Analyzes impact on database before making any changes to database.
- Analyzes data source and creates a data load script.
- Creates PL/SQL and SQL scripts to apply changes to Oracle database.
- Performs primary lead support for the database environment.
- Bachelor's degree
- Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility required
- Experience managing COTS products
- Experience with database tuning, design backup and recovery process using integrated backup tools like NetApp Snaps for Oracle and SQL Server
- Ability to understand and manage application servers
- Exposure to n-tier architecture
- Experience designing databases to support growth and support on various platforms such as NetApp and EMC.
- Experience with platform-independent techniques to support SLAs.
- Capable of working at levels, provide white-board sessions to management, provide input management to prepare business case and return on investments and adapt to changes as the business demands.
- Specialization in NetApp Storage Arrays including enterprise level deployment and latest versions of NetApp hardware and software.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: