Full Time Employee
Windows Systems Administrator (Job Number:422052)
SAIC is hiring a Windows Systems Administrator in Vienna, VA to support civilian government agency in Vienna. Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages (including Windows 7, Windows 8.x, Windows 10 and Windows Server operating systems)
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Under minimal supervision, provides on-site technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of workstations and related software/hardware.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and applies domain specific knowledge to return equipment to operational status within agreed upon Service Level Agreement parameters.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain computers, workstations, laptops, thin clients, printers, scanners, servers, and any other equipment within the scope of this task.
- Assist with management of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) System and/or IBM’s Big Fix software.
- Creation and testing of SCCM and/or IBM’s Big Fix software deployable software packages, hardware (servers, desktops, laptops, and mobile devices) and software asset management, and software license management.
- Create, test, deploy and manage program standard computer images.
- Interact daily with supervisor, peer groups and customers in order to manage work flow in timely and professional manner.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 5 years OR 9 years of related experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Federal Public Trust clearance.
- Requires the ability to handle normal daily system administrator issues.
- Experience with IBM’s Big Fix and/or Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience creating, testing, deploying and manage computer images
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting Microsoft OS’s, Active Directory, and Microsoft Office suite products.
- Needs to be customer oriented, with excellent communication skills, in person, via email and over the phone.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and non- standard hours when needed; mission focused.
- Be able to write technical documentation not limited to Standard Operating Procedures and Technical Reviews of possible future products.
- Experience with Group Policy updates and management.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2016, 10:30:16 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIENNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: