Full Time Employee
Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV) 1.1 Technical Writer (Job Number:422096)
- Candidate will serve within the Technical Manual Team as a Technical Writer/Editor for the ACV 1.1 project.
- As a team member, the candidate will work in conjunction with and alongside technicians, logisticians, engineers and the customer to develop technical manuals through written and pictorial instructions.
- Technical manuals developed for this project will include operator and maintainer level instructions however; the candidate may also be tasked with the creation of Technical Instructions (TIs), Technical Bulletins (TB), and Illustrated Parts Breakdowns.
- The candidate’s work will comply with DoD/Navy/USMC standards and will be reviewed by self, peers, and customers.
- This position holds no supervisory responsibilities.
- Candidate must have at a high school education or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Technical Writing preferred. Candidate must have 3-5 year’s experience utilizing various word-processing and desktop publishing software applications.
- Examples include Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, PTC Arbortext Editor, IsoDraw, and Creo Illustrator, or similar editing and illustrating software.
- Experienced in the actual writing and editing of technical documentation dealing with Military Technical Manuals.
- Electronic Tech, Engineering Tech or Integration Tech experience desired.
- XML authoring experience desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2016, 3:04:10 PM
Primary Location: United States-SC-HANAHAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: