Full Time Employee
SQL Developer (Job Number:422067)
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for managing all products from the Microsoft SQL Server; the JPTA database and all incoming and outgoing data feeds. Maintaining the DB, security, backups, SQL jobs and data transformation (DTS) packages, and coordinating with outside agencies for data transfers through secure channels for the Deployment Health Support Directorate.
- Bachelor?s degree in a related technical field and 5+ years? experience as an application developer or 3 years? experience and a Master?s degree. 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor?s degree.
- Must be able to work with design changes, develop, implement, maintain and enhance the U.S. Army Dental Command Corporate Dental Application (CDA)
- Able to maintain current personnel data within CDA and providing dental readiness data to MODS, MEDPROS, AKO, and the Air Force as needed
- Perform database security tasks and database tuning, ensured database consistency, and created and maintained backups of critical databases
- Ensure the associated hardware resources are well- allocated to the databases and promote optimum performance and high availability
- Monitor the systems databases in order to make sure that services are secured with a minimum downtime
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), customer service-oriented
- Strong problem solving skill set, and the ability to understand new technologies quickly are essential
- Monitor database management systems as well as evaluating database performance to maximize efficiency
- Work in an environment that practices strict change management
- Provide recommendations to application development teams for data restructuring and performing complex maintenance
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to analyze tables in the database to establish knowledge of data for accurate retrieval and use in report writing
- Utilize available tools such as SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, Excel, SSIS, and SSRS to provide technical reports for operations and multiple customers support
- Translate reporting requests in order to accurately meet the actual information and deadline needs of users
- Educate requestors as to appropriate and desirable parameters to ensure they get the information they need
- Provide support to end users on standardized and ad hoc reports.
- Collaborate with the data architect and developers to provide assistance and leadership around best practices in SQL Server
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
- Must be able to obtain a Security+ as well as a related certification relevant to the computing environment.
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 22, 2016, 12:17:49 PM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: