Full Time Employee
Panama City Beach
Systems Safety Analyst (Job Number:422012)
SAIC is seeking a System Safety Analyst to support operational testing and development operations for the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Program. The position requires closely working with Government engineers and analysts to identify and manage system safety risks for ship systems, combat systems, weapon systems, communication systems and related support equipment. Heavy emphasis will be placed on integrating comprehensive system safety procedures and methodology with emerging and existing Navy programs to improve operational safety in accordance with Military Standard 882 and other relevant safety guidance publications.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must be able to obtain SECRET level clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a technical area.
- Possession of a Certified Professional Safety Designation would be considered an exceptional qualifier for the position.
- Extensive and verifiable experience in the Safety field, especially for work supporting a government agency, may be accepted in lieu of the education requirement.
- 3+ years of related experience preparing and editing technical safety documentation involving system testing, integration, and/ or implementation.
- 3+ years of professional experience using Microsoft Office Suite to include Word (required) Excel, PowerPoint.
- Military, at sea experience preferred.
- Experience with system safety principles and methodology, including hazard analyses, safety/risk assessments and software hazard analyses.
- Working knowledge of military, DoD and/or Federal safety policies and procedures.
- Experience with the Weapon System Explosives Safety Review Board (WSESRB) and Software Systems Safety Technical Review Panel (SSSTRP) is preferred.
- Knowledge of military ship systems and sub-systems.
- Navy Open Architecture Computing Environment experience is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel including underway operations aboard Navy or support ships.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2016, 3:29:15 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-PANAMA CITY BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: