General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* Minimum 8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
* Must have current Security + and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certifications.
* Must be able to work independently.
Skills Required include:
* Strong troubleshooting background in networking and communications equipment
* Tech Control skills
* Strong communication skills (written & oral)
* Ability to deal with customers at all levels in stressful situations
* Ability to prioritize and dynamically re-task response and recovery actions as situations change
* Recent experience with military cryptographic equipment
Knowledge Required includes:
* Advanced and specialized training in Cisco and HP network administration
* Firm grasp of layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing and will be asked to design complex routing and switching schemes to support a changing environment
* Demonstrated proficiency in EIGRP, STP, VTP, ACLs, and Layer 3 tunnels and must understand how to monitor network devices to perform fault and root cause analysis
* Familiarity with military deployed environments
* Understand change management procedures to include scheduling outages in advance with the Government and coordinating with impacted sites/functions
* Respond to trouble calls and be able to determine and implement appropriate fix action and document all actions in accordance with established policies
* Knowledge of cable protocol/standards
* Familiarity with server hardware, communication systems, and intelligence information systems
* Working knowledge of TACLANE
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: