General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
The MA NG911 Operations Manager (NOC) will lead the management and delivery of GDIT technical support services for 24x7 live support and operations of GDIT managed communication networks consisting of voice, unified communications (voice, video, data) and emergency services. Functions will include delivery of a tiered support facility and department responsible for ensuring a responsive, high availability, low cost and trouble free operational construct. The Operations Manager will interface with partners, vendors, customers and internal resources to maximize project efficiency, customer satisfaction and technical compliance. The Operations Manager will manage the delivery, test and quality control of all network and operational changes of multi-vendor federated networks in order to maintain functional compliance, evolution and customer satisfaction into the future. Additionally, the Operations Manager will become a subject matter expert in Operations and Maintenance delivery to serve as a GDIT representative for capture and proposal opportunities.
1. Build staff for tiered technical support department capable of 24x7 operations, with continuous plan for gaining and improving department technical expertise necessary for meeting operational and business demands.
2. Maintain compulsive attention to customer satisfaction through responsiveness to customer interactions, events and communications.
3. Maintain highly organized methodologies, focus and tools for tracking delivery of events, request, staffing and operational status, that contributes to overall business management and customer reporting.
4. Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
5. Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate supervisors, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
6. Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
7. Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
8. Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
9. Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
10. Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
11. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* 10-12 years of related experience within a network operations and/or technical support organization specific to IP network and communications services.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Effective management skills in high demand environment.
2. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
3. Effective communication skills on support operations and technical solutions
4. Desire to expand technical scope and knowledge.
The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
To apply for this job, contact: