Alion Science & Technology (www.alionscience.com)
Full Time Employee
Alion Science & Technology is seeking an experienced program manager who is looking for an opportunity to grow a business and an organization. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneur who is seeking to expand their career horizon. Significant experience in control systems for mechanical and electrical equipment and the associated issues is essential. An understanding of the related cyber security issues is a plus. The successful candidate must have extensive experience in interacting with and successfully supporting one or more customers. Prior experience in managing $2 to 5 million in annual revenue is highly desirable.
In this position you will:
* Work with Alion’s customers to define issues and develop solutions
* Hire and manage a workforce that will assist with solution development and perform the implementation
* Oversee the technical work to successful completion
* Manage the growth of your organization
This program is based on the south side of downtown Philadelphia, PA.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of multiple simultaneous projects from inception through completion. Manages technical and administrative staff and provides ongoing direction in the performance of the assigned program.
* Develops and monitors project plans including schedule and cost estimates. Ensures project deliverables are delivered on schedule and within funding.
* Ensures compliance with contract requirements.
* Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to program plan and schedule, identifies program problems, and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
* Prioritizes workload and determines staffing levels and any adjustments in staffing. Maintains a staffing level to ensure technical quality and appropriate experience levels are consistent with current and projected project activities.
* Reviews reports and briefings prepared by technical staff for quality.
* Leads technical discussions for project reviews. Prepares and delivers formal briefings.
* Select and recommend for hire new employees. Ensures that appropriate training is delivered to program staff.
* Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customer and related agencies.
* Acts as primary customer contact for program activities. Regularly meets with and updates the customer on project status. Leads program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
* Develops new business or expands business with the customer. Coordinates preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract. Participates in negotiating contract and contract changes.
* Complies with quality assurance and security procedures in the performance of duties.
* Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To apply for this job, contact: