Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a*Sr RF Design Engineer, Advanced Radio Systems (R&D)*** to join our team in Cedar Rapids. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career,, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Our goal is to create technologies that allow Rockwell Collins to differentiate our products from the competitors’ and create new market opportunities through innovation. We take technical and design risks that promise the potential of major innovation. We’re presently creating state-of-the-art electronics and high frequency systems including large form-factor phased array antennas and multifunction reconfigurable RF front-ends operating from UHF to W-band.
This is a position for a Senior RF Design Electrical Engineer in the Advanced Technology Center’s Advanced Radio Systems group. This position requires design experience in antenna technology, preferably as it applies to Electronically Scanned Arrays (ESAs) or Phased Arrays. Preferred candidates will also have familiarity with antenna/vehicular co-site analysis and passive distributed circuit device design for RF frequencies up to W-band in support of advanced radio system designs.
_Critical Functions and Underlying Tasks:_
• Architect, design, simulate, layout, test, and troubleshoot RF circuits and subsystems for communication, navigation, radar, and electronic warfare products (includes updates and clean sheet designs).
• Provide layout supervision and guidance of complex analog/RF/microwave/mmWave circuit card assemblies to dedicated board designers.
• Participate in collaborative efforts to creatively solve problems in innovative ways.
• Create presentations to demonstrate innovative designs, document performance, and communicate architecture ideas and capabilities.
• Present technology concepts to customers/subcontractors in support of funding pursuits.
• Work independently on assigned tasks, including responsibility for technical, cost, and schedule execution on individual tasks or subsystems.
_DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED_
- Experience with characteristic mode design and analysis of electrically small, reconfigurable antenna structures
- Experience integrating microwave components with modem and supervisory hardware into complex ESA systems
- Experience with microwave circuit design and analysis, especially using industry-standard tools (such as ADS or Microwave Office).
- Phased array design experience in the L through W Bands covering frequencies from 2 MHz to 60 GHz
- Experience in a lab environment doing antenna range testing and characterization, specifically near-field metrology as it pertains to phased array design
- Experience with automated metrology, especially with control systems designed in LabVIEW, Visual Basic, or MATLAB.
- Familiarity with business development for internal and external customers including Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Office of Naval Research (ONR), or similar.
- An MS EE or PhD EE with antenna hardware design and metrology emphasis
- Previous experience in the defense industry
_Working Conditions:_This position requires domestic travel up to 5% of the time. Work hours are typically Monday-Friday with very occasional evenings or weekends required. Work can take place in an office environment and electronics laboratory when circuit testing is ongoing.
_Supervision:_The Sr RF Design Engineer does not have direct reports, but will direct work activities for supporting technicians, circuit card drafting, and project support staff. The Sr RF Design Engineer will work collaboratively with component designers and other multi-disciplinary engineers. The Sr RF Design Engineer is led by the Engineering Manager for Applied Electromagnetics who is led by the Director for Advanced Radio Systems.
_Relation to Other Jobs:___The Sr RF Design Engineer will work with a team of other engineers and technicians. The Sr RF Design Engineer must collaborate with internal and external customers, peer engineers, finance, and leadership.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Applicant must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
* A working knowledge of contemporary Electro-Magnetic (EM) simulation techniques such as the Finite Element Method (FEM), Method of Moments (MoM), Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD), and Geometric Theory of Diffraction (GTD).
* Working knowledge of EM/circuit simulation tools like Ansoft HFSS, CST Studio Suite, FEKO, Agilent Momentum, or similar computational electromagnetic simulation tools.
* A broad knowledge of radiating element types (monopole, dipole, helical, etc.) and passive microwave circuit technology (microstrip, waveguide, etc.).
* An understanding of transmission line and microwave engineering theory, including proficiency with Smith Charts and high frequency component matching.
* Be self-directed, able to meet cost, schedule, and performance objectives with minimal oversight
* Have excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Possess strong interpersonal skills, work well within a design team environment and be adept at interfacing with outside customers and funding agencies.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation.We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute*(or**5 percent if you save 8 percent*)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Electrical / Hardware*
**Organization:** **Advanced Radio Systems*
**Title:** *Sr RF Design Engineer, Advanced Radio Systems (R&D)/ possible telecommuter*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *ELE000000DN*
**Other Locations:** *United States-California-Carlsbad, CA, United States-Maryland-Columbia, United States-California-Tustin, CA (Cabin Systems), United States-Florida-Melbourne, United States-Oregon-Portland, United States-Texas-Richardson*
To apply for this job, contact: