Full Time Employee
Engineering Intern (Job Number:422139)
SAIC is looking to hire two interns in Crown Point, IN.
About this Job
Electronics & Materials Technician/Intern, SAIC, Crown Point, IN
Multiple openings. Part-time technical/technologist student intern position, averaging 15-20 hours per week during the school year, flexible to accommodate class schedules. Higher number of hours per week (to a maximum of 40) are possible during term and summer breaks. Positions will be opening in May-June 2016. End date TBD
Interns needed with majors or experience in materials science, mechanical engineering, chemistry, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, and industrial engineering. The intern will be needed for at least one semester, but preference is for longer. We would like interns interested in electronics industry assembly, particularly printed circuit boards, electronic components, defense electronics, electronic manufacture, and advanced electronic materials.
SAIC employs approximately 13,000 employees worldwide. Our best-value services, scientific resourcefulness, and sheer passion for problem-solving allow us to continually exceed expectations. We value integrity, mission understanding, empowerment, and creativity.
Education and Experience:
Looking for a full-time College Sophomore, Junior or Senior.
- Intern needs to have a basic understanding of manufacturing processes, especially for electronic components, ideally based on some experience with electronics manufacture, assembly or repair of electronics hardware. Training materials will include manufacturing handbooks and video demonstrations. Military electronics or tech experience is particularly welcome. An existing or recent security clearance is a plus.
- The location is remote from most corporate or government support functions, and the ability to create work-around solutions to accomplish assigned tasks SAFELY is highly desirable.
- Adherence to chemical, mechanical, and electrical safety requirements, including personal protective equipment, environmental, and reportage requirements appropriate to an investigative laboratory setting is absolutely mandatory.
- The intern(s) MUST be US Citizens or documented permanent resident due to DoD client requirements. . Demonstrated language and communication skill, especially writing, is a requirement, as is reasonable MS Office skill.
In a mixed lab/office environment, duties will include:
1) Compilation of existing data about counterfeit electronic components. Data will principally be from published reports of counterfeit components. Interns must demonstrate capability to take information from public sources such as electronic component batch numbers, dates of manufacture, and final component order dates.
2) Using microscopes and other laboratory analytical equipment, examine and categorize electronic assemblies, components, and materials
3) Careful documentation of observations and results in supplied standardized formats (when trained) to support determinations of genuine vs altered or counterfeit electronic components, assemblies, or materials
4) Literature, internet, telephone research to gather data regarding current and potential manufacturers and suppliers of electronics to the DoD for immediate needs and long-term reporting requirements
5) Other duties may be occasionally assigned in support of a remote location which may be of a technical, maintenance, or heavy lifting nature, depending on the individual's capabilities and/or limitations.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2016, 1:21:33 PM
Primary Location: United States-IN-CROWN POINT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: