Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
At Rockwell Collins, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. We are currently searching for aFlight Controls Software Engineer - New Gradto join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins and help shape our future while creating yours.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. Relocation to Cedar Rapids, IA is required. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building great flight control products, enjoys working with a team of talented developers, and who is eager to take on big challenges. Rockwell Collins is proud to be providing flight control products to major commercial aircraft programs. As part of this team, you will be exposed to a gamut of flight control technologies, a world class experience, and have the ability to significantly contribute to the delivery of our award winning products around the world!
This for You If:
* You like working with a diverse, dynamic team of highly motivated and talented people
* You enjoy being recognized for a job well done
* You are looking to make a difference
* You believe in innovating
* You appreciate working in a culture of trust and support
* You want a chance to develop your skills as a leader
* You like moving fast
What You’ll Do:
* Application design from concept through development and implementation
* Platform design from concept through development and implementation
* Develop Software and perform Systems Integration for flight control products
* Define software requirements for flight control systems including functional requirements and interface requirements
* Develop Requirements Based Test Procedures and perform requirements based verification including structural coverage analysis
* Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes, and proactively improve existing processes
* Consistently deliver quality software
* Work with internal and external teams to coordinate parallel development efforts into single releases
* Keep yourself up to date with the latest trends in software engineering and tools
* Collaborate and interact in a multi-functional, multi-discipline development team
* Mentor other engineers in the development process, systems integration, and software engineering practices
What You Need:
* Expertise with developing and supporting software applications involving C/C in the development of high integrity functions
* Strong understanding of software engineering state of the art practices (algorithms, model based development)
* Self-starter that can work in a highly cross functional environment and remove roadblocks
* Excellent organizational skills
* Great project management skills
* Commitment to quality and improvement
* Stellar interpersonal skills
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building great flight control products, enjoys working with a team of talented developers, and who is eager to take on big challenges.
1. A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other Bachelor of Arts in a STEM program (including Computer Science) that included 12 semester (or 18 quarter) credit hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and 10 semester (or 15 quarter) credit hours in natural science (biology, chemistry, earth sciences) including physics is required.
2. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
3. Experience or knowledge programming in C
4. Interest in aviation and flight control software
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches 50% of your contributions up to 8%; an Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance, as well as tuition reimbursement. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Flight Controls Engineering*
**Title:** *Software Engineer - Flight Controls - New Grad*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000GX*
To apply for this job, contact: