Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
• One (1) or more years of applicable aviation-related experience.
• Thorough understanding of aircraft flight planning, aircraft performance, aviation weather and reports, aviation navigational charts, aviation navigational procedures and related information is required.
• The selected candidate must have PC operating experience in a professional environment, including standard office software and internet browsing.
• Must be able to communicate well both orally and in written form and to deliver exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
•The Flight Coordinator position is considered an "essential" position. Candidates must be able and willing to work in a 24/7 operation environment with rotating shifts. This includes nights, weekends, holidays, and during periods where normal business operations have been suspended (hurricanes, snow storms, etc.).
• The selected candidate must be able to work for extended periods while seated and using a personal computer and be able to handle incoming customer calls without assistance.
• Bi-lingual ability- fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, French or Italian is desired.
• Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate's degree three years of related experience; identified skills and experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Aviation, Aeronautics, or related technical field (strongly preferred).
• FAA Dispatch Certificate (strongly preferred). Candidates who do not have an FAA Dispatch Certificate may be required to obtain one within 6 months of being hired.
**Job #:** 16790BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins Information Management Services "IMS" (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins Information Management Services as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins ARINCDirect Flight Support Services in Annapolis, MD is seeking multiple Flight Coordinator. ARINCDirect is a complete 24 hours per day / 7 days per week flight planning, messaging, and customer service provider, exclusively for business aviation.
ARINC Direct is seeking a person who is able to handle multiple customer requests simultaneously and accurately, work well in dynamic situations, and someone who can anticipate and mitigate problems. The selected candidate must be able to prioritize their time and resources in crises, be able to work very effectively with others in a fast-paced team environment and be able to work independently with limited assistance.
The Flight Coordinator will:
• Interact with ground and air-based business aviation customers via telephone and message exchanges during all phases of flight planning and operations.
• Create and disseminate computed flight plans and weather information.
• Relay sensitive aviation messages.
• Provide logistical assistance for flight crews and passengers including airport arrival and departure reservation management.
• Respond to incoming customer messages and telephone calls.
• Provide customer account, software, troubleshooting, and training support.
• Ensure customer satisfaction to customers (pilots, flight departments, and passengers).
This position requires flexible coverage of multiple shifts in support of 24/7 operations, including weekends,holidays, and emergency leave.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one as an employee kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, educational assistance, and flexible work schedules. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: