Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
AEGIS T&E Strategy Manager (Job Number:422072)
- As part of a large Engineering Support Services (ESS) Team, the candidate will provide systems engineering and acquisition support to develop future Integrated Combat System baselines to be integrated on legacy and New Construction AEGIS cruisers and destroyers.
- The individual will directly support the AEGIS Integrated Combat System (ICS) Strategic Planning (PEO IWS 1 SP) Principal Assistant Program Manager (PAPM) in executing early systems engineering tasks to develop and upgrade the AEGIS fleet on destroyers and cruisers at the Washington Navy Yard.
- Responsibilities will include liaison with the PEO IWS and his staff, the OPNAV sponsor (N96) staff, PAPMs within PEO IWS 1.0, Warfare Centers under the purview of PEO IWS, other directorates within PEO IWS, other SYSCOMS and other relevant NAVSEA organizations and supporting activities.
- Specifically, this candidate will draft and maintain the ACS T&E Strategy (TES), which will include test strategies which minimize overlap, incorporate Objective Quality Evidence, and support certification.
- Analyze Advanced Capability Build requirements (beginning with ACB 16 and 20) for testability.
- Develop requirements verification matrixes to plan tests and to refine the TES. Investigate ways to improve the certification process, achieve economies of scale and to reduce test cost.
- Serve on T&E Working Groups (TEWGs), record minutes and examine documentation. Draft IPT test plans.
- In close coordination with IWS 1TE staff, review ACS T&E Master Plans (TEMPs) to ensure consistency with the TES.
- To accomplish these tasks, the candidate will work closely with the entire PEO IWS 1.0 and PEO IWS Enterprise team, especially with the System Engineering (IWS 1SE) and T&E (IWS 1TI) PAPM and their representatives, and activities such as JHU/APL, to ensure AEGIS ICS verification and validation.
- He will help plan all phases of AEGIS ICS Developmental and Operational Testing, and will monitor these tests and the associated test reports to improve future testing. Applying a deep understanding of DoD T&E policy, methods and procedures and a familiarity with the requirements development and verification process, he will work closely with the PEO IWS Enterprise test organization and AEGIS Test Bed (ATB) efforts across all mission areas.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: Secret
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Secret
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiar with Department of Defense - Dept. of the Navy
- At least 3 years of Microsoft Office experience
- Familiar with Shipboard Systems
- AEGIS Weapon System
- Operational Risk Management
- Risk Management experience
- Risk and Reliability Solutions
- Risk Radar
- Safety and Safety Risk Management
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- PMI-RMP: Project Management Institute – Risk Management Professional
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016, 9:52:27 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: