Full Time Employee
Material Coordinator (Job Number:422136)
SAIC has a contingent career opportunity for a Material Coordinator. This position will be located in Middletown, RI and is contingent upon contract award.
The Material Coordinator plans, schedules and manages the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production or customer site. Will use computer based material tracking systems. May negotiate lead times with suppliers and manage schedules for timely delivery.
- Receive shipments and verify quantities, Purchase Requisition (PR)/Purchase Order (PO) numbers, and part numbers against documentation previously prepared.
- Issue and move components, supplies and printed materials from the warehouse to meet manufacturing, intra-company, and customer requirements.
- Verify and receive materials returned from manufacturing in a timely manner.
- Document in a timely manner material transactions on appropriate documentation and in computerized systems.
- Manually or using forklifts, move material within the warehouse areas and in and out of trucks.
- Maintain warehouse areas in a clean and orderly state.
- Operate company vehicles including forklifts, and delivery truck.
- Investigate inventory discrepancies as needed.
- Assist in preparing products for shipment to customers, vendors, and other SAIC sites.
- Assist in the training of new material handling clerks.
- Ensure inventory control is performed daily.
- Assist in closing out Orders.
- Assist the purchasing staff as requested.
- Perform bi- weekly delivery trips to customer site as required.
- Participate in required annual hazardous material handling, storage, and waste training. Hazardous material handling, storage, and waste involvement may include but is not limited to storing hazardous materials, delivery of hazardous materials to customer site, making waste determinations, waste packaging, container and tank management and inspection, and transfer of hazardous waste to and from storage.
- Perform various other duties as requested.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to work independently and on a team.
- Basic arithmetic, writing and reading comprehension skills used to record and transfer data.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with computer systems.
- Ability to remain focused and prioritize tasks both within a day and throughout a work week.
- Ability to follow written production records and validation protocols.
- High School
- Microsoft Office (Computer Technology) 3-6 yrs.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 22, 2016, 4:16:04 PM
Primary Location: United States-RI-MIDDLETOWN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: