Full Time Employee
Linux Integrator (Job Number:422002)
Our customer develops and implements complex architectures for innovative ground-system data processing and computing environments. Our environments enable a large user base to develop software and to archive and mine satellite and sensor data continuously and in near real time. Our research initiatives in cloud computing architectures, virtualization techniques, and data lifecycle management technologies integrated into computing environments will enable how next generation complex applications like software development, testbeds, systems modeling and analyses, data exploitation, data analytics, and Big Data are designed and implemented.
We are seeking an experienced LINUX integrator. The duties will consist of translating business requirements, analysis of transition planning, system hardening, life cycle planning, system maintenance, Information Assurance planning, scripting testing and documentation. This position works closely with computing cloud architecture and will be expected gain cloud expertise.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (4 years) and 2+ years of Information Technology experience.
- Demonstrated expertise (greater than 2 years) in Linux systems administration in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience (greater than 2 years) in hardware systems analysis to determine system requirements, define system design (integrating hardware and software requirements), develop system architectures, and assess functionality and performance of systems
- Demonstrated experience (greater than 2 years) in broad-based anomaly resolution within the context of a system-of-systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q security clearance
- DOE L or equivalent to start
- Experience working with VMware ESX/ESXi vSphere including vCenter and its associated feature sets, ESXi hosts upgrades, Virtual Center upgrades, and virtualized storage, and management
- Experience designing and developing vCenter Server appliance solutions to include backup and restore, high availability, fault tolerance, upgrades, migration, and removal
- Experience in architecture and implementation of large-scale, complex, geographically distributed systems
- Experience with software development and programming with higher level languages to include Python and shell scripting
- Experience with close coordination with R&D software development teams
- Desire to learn and contribute to an enterprise Cloud environment
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 22, 2016, 9:33:09 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE L
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: