Alion Science & Technology (www.alionscience.com)
Full Time Employee
Under general supervision, responsible for the continuous operation of clients, servers, and related infrastructure supporting integrated C4I systems. Installs new software releases, patches, updates and manages the overall configuration to ensure each system is up to date and secure. Installs and maintains client and server equipment and provides onsite and remote customer support.
Candidate will be part of a team that performs systems engineering, integration, and administration services for Global Command and Control System ¿ Joint (GCCS-J) and Agile Client systems. Candidate will provide IT services for engineering and support baselines, installation services, software support services, and system administration services. Candidate shall provide services for any and all phases of system engineering, integration and support to ensure GCCS-J users meet mission goals and objectives. These efforts include the full range of infrastructure design, implementation and integration, including, but not limited to, concept development, planning, requirements definition and analysis, systems design, integration, testing, implementation, deployment, support and sustainment.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline plus 5 to 7 years of directly related experience. Master's degree preferred.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.)
- Experience installing, configuring, and administering GCCS-J and Agile Client
- Experience with SOLARIS, Windows 7, and Virtualized environments (i.e., VMware)
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Understanding of basic hardware configurations and troubleshooting techniques
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain within the first 6 months the following certifications: CompTIA Security+ and Linux+
- Experience administering C2PC, JADOCS, and ASSET
Must be able to obtain/maintain a US Secret clearance. Highly prefer candidates with current Secret clearance.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.
To apply for this job, contact: