First Citizens Bank (www.fcb.com)
Full Time Employee
Manager, Data Insights and Analytics
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
Apply with LinkedIn
Job ID #: 26856
Functional Area: Risk Analytics
Employment Type: Full-Time Exempt
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 6 years
Days and Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Physical Address: 16 E Rowan Street
Department Name: Risk Analytics
This position will provide leadership support in the development and implementation of the Bank’s data initiatives and strategies, including the Enterprise Risk Data Mart. This position will interact with senior management in Enterprise Risk, Information Technology, Finance and Credit Administration to determine data needs and liaise with various departments to successfully implement logic, standardize fields, manage documentation requirements, lead cross-functional working groups and committees and prioritize the Bank’s data needs. Additionally, this position will use analytics to drive enterprise-wide data-driven decision making by analyzing data and presenting actionable insights to senior leadership.
Duties to include:
- Develop, design, and produce synchronized data to support enterprise-wide initiatives to include department systems, business applications, financial analysis or operations. Defines needs, assesses availability of data and determines reporting requirements. Liaise with members of Data Council to understand and streamline data definitions and extraction processes. Evaluate data for appropriateness, usefulness, and accuracy. Provides data to business units in a timely manner as needed. Document and communicate extraction and scrubbing assumptions that will be part of the Stress Testing, Allowance, and Regulatory Filings including the call report and SEC disclosures.
- Convert and standardize complex data from multiple sources into a staging area to support Allowance, Enterprise Reporting, Stress Testing, Basel, Sales Effectiveness, RWA calculations, and migration analysis. Plan and execute on all phases of data design, extraction, transformation and loading, staging and end-user testing.
- Effectively partner with numerous regulatory agencies and auditors to include Dixon Hughes, the Federal Reserve Bank, the FDIC, and the North Carolina Commissioner of Banks on data-related needs and questions.
- Train and educate stakeholders on data solutions, requirements and needs.
- Manage analytic teams to include: Recruit vacant and new positions; coach and mentor staff; provide performance feedback, annual performance evaluations, salary reviews, goal setting and individual development plans.
Post graduate degree in a quantitative discipline with a minimum of 6 years experience in risk management or analytics in financial services industry to include at least 2 years in a management role.
Bachelor degree with a minimum of 8 years experience in risk management or analytics in financial services industry to include at least 2 years in a management role.
Experience with vendor statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, MatLab, R, and S+.
Experience with financial risk modeling, market risk, credit risk, and/ or operational risk.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively while meeting tight deadlines.
Strong relationship building and management skills.
Ability to demonstrate initiative and commitment to achieving results.
Position requires strong organizational skills, a high level or detail, advanced spreadsheet and database knowledge.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
Professional certification or designation(such as CPA, CIA, CISA, or CFSA).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: