Full Time Employee Contractor
Assists higher level program managers in executing the project life cycle by assisting in development of comprehensive project plans to include both long and short-range goals and milestones. Identifies, acquires, and utilizes company resources to achieve project technical objectives. Directs a small team that provides project management, technical writing support, process improvement guidance and policy compliance. The candidate works within a matrix organization, monitoring and encouraging functional organizations to complete milestones within specific budgets and schedules. May interface with external customers as well as top management for the purpose of communicating status of project throughout life cycle
Oversees subscription services (delivering desktop hardware, peripherals, software, backups, network attached devices, replenishment secure computing, mobile devices and RSA tokens) locally as well as for work at home customers.
• Oversees one time services including but not limited to: System Administration/Engineering Support; Concierge Service; SharePoint Line and Team Sites; SharePoint Consulting Services; Loaner Hardware; Moves to Offsite Location; Category 2 Software Purchases; Sun Oracle Support; Repair of Government Property; Dedicated Event Support.
• Oversees return to service activities, on site tech support and problem resolution for all managed systems.
• Ensures systems builds have approved core software, removing obsolete software prior to service life date. Ensures proper core software T&E for compatibility and interoperability and provides recommendations on core software to customer advisory boards.
• Ensures software licenses are maintained.
• Oversee and ensure a secure computing environment including continuous diagnostic and mitigation clients, AV software, FDE software is deployed and fully operational.
• Ensures mobile device subscriptions are replenished with the customer.
• Oversees asset databases including for RSA tokens and other hardware and software.
• Manages, integrates and provides computing capacity services including large scale storage, data center hosting and virtual compute.
• Provides consulting services to include but not limited to systems administration, concierge services, SharePoint site development, offsite moves, hardware loan services, event support, sun oracle hardware and software maintenance, Linux Red Hat Enterprise license software maintenance, and government property repair.
• Monitors and ensures metrics and service level agreements are met or exceeded and positive customer satisfaction surveys. Develops new metrics and provides process improvement recommendations.
· 7 or more years’ experience working as an IT project manager supporting IT services programs
· Technically savvy in the IT domain
· Technical Writing experience in the IT domain
· Integrated Management Plan (IMP) / Integrated Management Schedule (IMS) experience
· Earned Value Management experience
· Enterprise-level Information Technology (IT) Service Desk/ Desk Side Support, Engineering, Application Development, Integration, Test, Asset Management, Risk Management, SDLC, Business Processes Methods, and Change Management experience supporting between 3,000 and 5,000 users in a highly visible and dynamic environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels of management and customer organizations
· Experience in implementing Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3, or higher, based IT practices and processes
· Possess or is able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Other skills preferred:
· PMP Certification
· ITIL v3 Certification
· Familiarity with SDLC and System/Software Engineering practices
· Familiarity with IT hardware procurement, configuration, and operations
To apply for this job, contact: