Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** Required Experience:
• Candidates should have three (3) or more years of experience performing quantitative analysis.
• Possess understanding of high availability data communications systems including detailed protocol knowledge and application requirements.
• Ability to read and comprehend specifications and documents, and to apply protocols or theories to the current task.
• Working knowledge of air/ground communications (VDL Mode 2) and applications (ATN, FANS, CPDLC, and ACARS).
• Must be able to work independently in a global team-oriented environment.
• Must be dependable in a schedule-driven environment.
• Fluent in the English language: strong written and oral communication (including listening) skills are required.
• Ability to professionally and effectively interact with internal and external customers.
• Experience in an academic environment is acceptable.
• Knowledge of MS Office products, including Word and Excel.
Education or Certification Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical equivalent is required.
• Master degree is preferred.
• Knowledge of creating and executing SQL queries.
• Programming experience is highly desired.
**Job #:** 16749BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC) is seeking a Communication System Operational Performance Analyst to support their GLOBALink Engineering (GLE) department located in Annapolis, Maryland. GLE is a SEI/CMM level 3 engineering organization within the Commercial Aviation & Network Services Business Unit of Rockwell Collins IMS.
The Communication System Operational Performance Analyst will:
• The successful candidate will perform quantitative analysis of performance of all elements of the GLOBALink system.
• Become fluent in the communication protocols for all elements of the GLOBALink system. These include ACARS/VDL/ATN/FANS/CPDLC.
• The candidate will perform audits, which includes analyzing call records and logs for all aircraft and identifying issues. Understanding these audits will be critical to the success of the candidate.
• The successful candidate will analyze individual aircraft and fleet performance issues.
• The successful candidate will communicate the results of investigations of customer reported performance issues to internal and external customers, in written reports and formal presentations.
• The successful candidate will perform ad-hoc database SQL queries as needed to gather specific data to be analyzed.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: