Full Time Employee
Microsoft Visual Basic - Software Engineer Associate (Job Number:422206)
Purpose of the Position: SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer to design, develop, and maintain custom Microsoft Office automated solutions and web-based applications to support business processes for the Army Continuing Education Division (ACED). Design, develop, and maintain relational databases incorporating VBA scripts and SQL queries. Analyze/resolve software-related issues/problems. Facilitate the transfer of data files and process recurring, automated statistical and financial reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain automated solutions involving Microsoft Office applications, including intricate database systems and complex spreadsheet operations.
- Analyze functionality and user-interface design, troubleshoot issues and problems, and make process-improvement recommendations for the Joint Services Transcript (JST) web-based system.
- Create scripting files to automate recurring tasks in order to increase efficiencies.
- Troubleshoot data-feed issues from Army systems in support of both GoArmyEd and the Army JST systems.
- Research and resolve Soldier personnel and training record issues related to GoArmyEd and JST using Integrated Total Army Personnel Database (ITAPDB) and other Army systems and databases.
- Process secure file transfers supporting existing Army applications (GoArmyEd, JST) using Army approved applications.
- Support ACED personnel in regards to software and hardware issues; i.e., troubleshooting, training, configuring.
- Assist and back-up team members with required tasks and the generation of daily reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or four years of related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 or greater to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Extensive experience writing DB query statements with SQL (select, insert, update, and delete statements)
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats;
- Experienced with debugging and analyzing software errors;
- Comfortable working with and writing HTML and CSS;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification required
- Computing Environment training or certification valid in ATCTS is required to meet IA requirements (Can be attained after starting work, SAIC will assist)
- Must possess a Secret Clearance (interim is acceptable to start)
- Experience working with military / government customer.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 20, 2016, 12:50:43 PM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: