Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Reports to the Chief Executive Officer of Parkland Center for Clinical Innovation (PCCI). The President and COO will serve as the highest ranking member of the senior management team and oversee the overall strategic and operational responsibility for all of PCCI¿s projects and developments.
In addition, the COO will coordinate PCCI¿s senior management team, serve as liaison to PCCI¿s business partners, and work with the PCCI Board of Directors to keep them abreast of company strategies and developments.
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or a PhD from a leading university in the U.S.
- Must have a distinguished record of academic research and scholarship.
- Prefer a Master¿s degree in Business Administration.
- Must have a minimum of ten years of progressive management experience in the healthcare R&D industry, with five years of experience at a senior management level.
- Must have a proven track record of effectively leading a research & development company with a complex array of products, with the ability to leverage strengths across all product areas.
- Must have a proven track record for promoting a culture of high performance, values learning, commitment to quality and delivering superior results.
- Must have a proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Must have the experience building an effective organization and staffing capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Must have deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management.
- Must have experience with researched domestic and international technology/platform markets to identify, assess and quantify new product and market opportunities (acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, and alliances) for PCCI that offer high growth revenue/profit contribution.
- Must have experience working with the Board of Directors and fulfilling various tasks.
- Must have experience in developing and implementing strategies for acquiring new donors or leads, retaining and upgrading existing donors or leads.
- Experience in developing and maintaining philanthropic support is preferred.
- Must have experience developing, writing, and managing complex multi-million scientific and philanthropic technology or scientific grants.
- Must have experience developing and executing multi-million, multi-year business plans.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is preferred.
- Administrative aspects including proposal preparation and granting writing experience is preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have exceptional organizational management skills with the ability to coach a senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior management skills, with the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and leverage that knowledge to influence and drive strategic planning initiatives.
- Must have a successful history of working collaboratively across sectors and the ability to work productively as either a leader or member in reaching shared objectives.
- Must be an analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Must be able to work with competing demands, be flexible in an environment of changing requirements, and be capable of establishing and achieving specific objectives.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task, working within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Must be able to demonstrate resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems. Must be capable of analyzing staffing needs and making personnel changes when required.
- Must be able to mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and monitor and evaluate results.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with internal staff, medical personnel, business executives and community leaders and to make effective formal presentations to these groups.
- Must have excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills, and be able to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings.
- Must be passionate and committed to PCCI¿s vision, mission, and impact.
To apply for this job, contact: