Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Provides comprehensive communication and swallowing rehabilitative services to facilitate the patient's ability to recover to their maximum potential, and assumes a leadership role in the Speech Therapy/ Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation department.
- Must have a Master's degree in Speech - Language Pathology from an accredited university.
- Must have completed a nine month Clinical Fellowship.
- Must have two years experience as a Speech/Language Pathologist.
- Must be licensed by the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathology
- Must hold a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) issued by the American Speech and
Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Must have a current Healthcare Provider CPR course completion card prior to hire and/or placement in job.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of pediatric and/or adult neurogenic
language disorders, swallowing, aphasia, dysarthria, apraxia, voice disorders, alaryngeal communication, articulation and normal language development.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, patients and family members.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.PM&R Administration
To apply for this job, contact: