Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for providing individual and family genetic counseling services to at risk Obstetric clients, to ensure an effective plan of care.
- Must have a Master's Degree from a board accredited program in Genetics or Genetic Counseling
- Must have certification as a Genetics Counselor by the American Board of Medical Genetics or the American Board of Genetic Counseling within two years of hire.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with patients, families, and referring physicians.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and genetics counseling skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of a PC, and basic spreadsheet, word processing, and database management software.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued care.
Follow us on LinkedIn! Visit, . #LI
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.OB-Genetics
To apply for this job, contact: