Full Time Employee
Data Scientist (Job Number:422245)
Member of an innovative and agile data visualization team of Engineers/Business Analysts developing and deploying enterprise decision support tools involving the visualization of integrated complex enterprise data for Department of Defense leadership and their operation centers. Creates integrated, interactive information walls and other types of decision support tools to support enterprise collaboration, synchronization and multi-perspective decision making. Supports the design and implementation of decision support tools that analyze program status, plans, risks and opportunities and supports enterprise planning and decision making. Supports the tool architecture process including the building of process models, data models and meta-models.
Less experienced/skilled candidates must have a strong interest and aptitude for learning the above skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university and 0+ years of experience; a Master's Degree is preferred. Prefer multiple areas of study: Information Systems, Operations Research, Engineering, Business Administration, Data Visualization, Data Science, and Visual Analytics.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to function in a team environment and have excellent oral and written capabilities.
- The selected candidate must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Visual Problem Solving—Ability to visualize a complex problem with multiple inputs (constraints and goals) and determine the best approach for getting the needed outputs.
- Visual Modeling Complex Problems—Ability to take the approach mentioned above and create a mathematical and logical model of the problem including uncertainty. Modeler needs to understand the logical relationships between the pieces of the problem, and must know how to mathematically and visually represent these relationships.
- Strong Linear Algebra Background—The analysis software used is based on arrays and matrix algebra. The Modeler must understand basic linear algebra, but it is helpful if he/she understands higher level linear algebra.
- Basic Understanding and Implementation of Algorithms—Ability to understand when procedural programming is necessary and implement the correct piece of code (with syntax references available) for completing the model.
- Visual Programming—History with a graphical/visual programming interface
- Optimization Background—Ability to determine the objective function and constraints within a complex problem and model the optimization.
- Developed and used data visualizations to explore decision trade space.
- Familiarity with Tableau, Alteryx, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise (OBI EE), SQL Server, and ` Oracle Analytics
- Analyst for complex Army or other DoD systems would be a plus.
- Worked in an agile development environment with short sprint deliveries (i.e., Scrum)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 4, 2016, 2:06:05 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: