Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr. Electrical Engineer-Firmware to join our team in Cedar Rapids. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career,, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is for a Senior Electrical Engineer with experience in model based development and implementation of communications signal processing algorithms in FPGA and ASIC processors. In this position, the engineer will analyze, develop and prototype algorithms for advanced communications and electronic warfare systems. This position requires an innovative thinker to develop solutions to complex systems problems in a research oriented environment.
Qualified candidates are successful in working with a team of engineers to find and develop solutions to complex signal processing challenges. We are searching for a team oriented and self-motivated individual with a creative mind in solving challenging problems and bringing those solutions into hardware realizations. The candidate should possess the ability to communicate ideas clearly to team members and management.
Responsibilities will include development of new concepts in high speed signal processing systems as they apply to commercial and military avionics and military tactical applications. Broader responsibility for this position may span hardware and firmware architecture development, requirements capture/ allocation/ traceability, system design, software coding, system integration and verification, new business capture and execution, cost/schedule estimation, and program execution support.
This position is located in Cedar. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Applicant must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
* Ability to implement, integrate and test wireless communications systems, working with advanced FPGA and ASIC tools
* General knowledge of hardware and software designs along with developmental processes and emerging technologies
* Technical cognizance in software defined radio architectures and FPGA and ASIC technologies
* experience using Matlab/Simulink for model based development is preferred
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation.We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Electrical / Hardware*
**Organization:** **Communication & Navigation Systems*
**Title:** *Sr Electrical Engineer - Firmware*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *ELE000000DO*
To apply for this job, contact: