Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Network Technician (Top Secret) (Job Number:422269)
SAIC is seeking a Network Technician to support a Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program in Washington, DC.
This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission.
Description of Duties:
- Monitoring network infrastructures and performing troubleshooting as issues arise.
- Escalating issues as required to Tier 3 staff and monitoring issues through the trouble life cycle.
- Assisting with updating standard operating procedures, network topology documentation, and other documentation.
- Documenting activities in Remedy helpdesk and incident management system, as part of day-to-day operations and to support SLAs, reporting metrics, and key performance indicators.
- Performing IOS and software upgrades on network infrastructures.
- Ensuring mid-shift SLAs are met and identifying trouble areas that could negatively impact the ability to maintain drsSLAs.
- Rack-mounting and de-installing communications equipment and associated cabling.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent training, and 2 years’ experience with voice, data and LAN/WAN communications systems or 4 years of related experience.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with the ability to be granted TS/SCI.
- 2 years of core routing and switching experience.
- Able to handle moderately complex assignments with little supervision and to determine methods to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) experience.
- Cisco or Juniper certification.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 20, 2016, 8:19:58 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: