Full Time Employee
Linux Sytem Administrator (Job Number:422278)
The preferred candidate will be a service-oriented, organized, self-starting individual capable of working both independently and in a team environment to manage a number of sophisticated servers and networks in support of multiple research projects. This position will primarily support researchers and research teams by managing the installation, administration, hardware and operating system maintenance, and troubleshooting of servers, server peripherals including storage, and networks to ensure functionality and efficiency for the research project. The successful applicant must have education/experience in the field of computer science, systems management or electrical engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 + years of experience in Linux system administration in a heterogeneous (Linux/UNIX/Mac/Windows) networked environment. Additional work experience may be substituted for the degree with approval from client.
- Red Hat, SuSE, Debian or comparable administration experience
- Experienced with scripting language such as Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl or equivalent
- Ability to troubleshoot core services such as Lustre, Moab, LDAP, DNS, and RSA
- Knowledge of open source web application services such as Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, NodeJS, Ruby
- Experienced with version control systems such as Git, Subversion and Bazaar.
- Experience with virtualization hypervisors using tools such as VMware, KVM, and LXC
- Knowledgeable of cloud Infra-structure as a Service (IaaS) environments with tools like OpenStack, and CloudStack
- Experience with network protocols and analysis
- Experience analyzing and developing systems in the context of changing technologies;
- Strong interpersonal and documentation skills and the ability to work well in a team environment;
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines on a variety of activities;
- Willingness to learn and continually upgrade skills;
- Ability to create dynamic solutions in situations that have never before been documented or seen
US Citizen able to attain and maintain a DOE ‘L’ or DOE ‘Q’ clearance should the need arise
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Sep 28, 2016, 2:27:20 PM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: