General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
RCDD Outside Plant (OSP) Engineer for survey and design
* In depth experience designing OSP systems in the Pentagon Reservation.
* Includes underground and direct buried cable systems, splicing, testing, termination, cable placement, and heavy construction/infrastructure.
* Engineer secure DoD designs to link multiple large design areas, each serving approximately thousands of users, local area networks and campus area networks.
* Develop final design package for each distribution area to include final approved design drawings, splicing details, and bills of materials (BOMs), permits and easement documents.
* Deliver preliminary designs including: preliminary design routing verification, design verification, utility verification, and routing obstacles.
* Be knowledgeable and manage creation/use of base maps and clean-up of provided underground utilities data, WHS, VDOT and any other maps from all sources; addresses; VDOT prints; WHS prints; utility ROW requirements; gather any local ordinances or requirements, complete preliminary strand mapping; all other preliminary data collection not specifically called out.
* Responsible for Red-line conversion, as-built validation, splicingone-line diagrams, updated splicing sheets, compilation of all updates into a Planet format, and handover of redlines, and completed as-builts
* Coordinating the design with permitting/ROW agents, adjusting the designand approach as necessary.
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
* 5-8 years of related engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: