Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Marina del Rey
**Qualifications:** The ideal candidate should possess:
- Thirteen (13) or more years of experience in Software Engineering (preferably in C, C++, and Java).
- Seven (7) or more years of engineering management experience in a Project/Program environment.
- Ability to lead and be responsible for the technical evaluation of employees using formal (ARINC’s Performance Appraisal System) and informal (daily interaction and counseling) methods.
- Ability to manage technical capabilities, including resources in a specific area, processes and tools of the overall Engineering Department.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong application software development knowledge and management skills to help build and development project teams.
- Experience with SCADA Control Systems.
- Prior experience working in the rail/transit industry.
Education and/or Certification Required:
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through training, networking and mentoring.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of the benefits we offer include:
? Medical, dental, and vision insurance
? 3 weeks of paid leave for newly hired employees
? A generous 401(k) plan
? An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
? Tuition reimbursement
? And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Job #:** 16794BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as a 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Rockwell Collins Information Management Services (“IMS”) is currently searching for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join our Rail Product Engineering team in Marina del Rey, CA. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected.
Under direction of the Director of Rail Product Engineering, the Senior Software Engineering Manager provides leadership and daily supervision to a software engineering department – responsible for software project delivery, software enhancements/maintenance for existing customers, and integration of future software technology. You will be responsible for resource assignments in a matrix organization, adherence to all internal SW development processes, ISO standards, CMMI, and industry best practices for configuration control, change management and product testing. You will manage a department of engineers responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining new application product lines that will support the strategic objectives of the Division and Corporation.
You will be responsible for providing direction on SW Engineering activities in accordance with organizational goals. Additionally, you will be responsible for motivating team members, facilitating meetings, cultivating and reinforcing appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors, identifying, analyzing and correcting problems by developing plans, tasks and solutions, and ensuring proper use of assets.
You will be expected to provide leadership and direction in the continuous improvement of the Systems Software Engineering Process.
General management duties Include, but are not limited to:
• Assignment of personnel to projects.
• Assist employees with career development.
• Organize and lead technical working groups in specific areas.
• Interface and work with the PMO, various Project Coordinators, other Functional Managers, and individual Project Managers to assess the engineering staffing needs both current and future.
• Participate in departmental strategic and budgetary planning processes; prepare and administer work unit operating budget; provide recommendations on policies and goals desired; and implement new/revised programs according to established guidelines.
• Prepare job descriptions, identify staffing needs, provide general direction, assign specific tasks and responsibilities, evaluate and mentor staff.
• Identify needs and allocate the appropriate resources to meet timely completion of specific project tasks.
• Provide functional management of many software engineers, including those working at remote locations
• Manage a complex capital project for software development
You will also be responsible for the guidance and oversight of technical teams working on state-of-the-art command and control applications. And at times interface with the Customer and must be able to effectively communicate throughout the organization in a geographically dispersed business unit.
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: