Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Become an integral part of the growing Government Systems Communication Engineering Organization!
At Rockwell Collins, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. We are currently searching for a Software Engineer - Embedded Communications - New Grad to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins and help shape our future while creating yours.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. Relocation to Cedar Rapids, IA is required. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
As a Software Engineer in this organization, you will be involved in the innovative design and development of our next generation of embedded Communication Products covering all spectrum bands and multiple airborne and ground platforms. Examples of these products range from high-frequency radios to secure, sophisticated software-defined radios that can enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice and imagery over the air.
• Designing, developing and testing embedded software in communications products for the U.S. military and international customers
• Collaborating on software requirements and design
• Implementing software
• Unit testing and software hardware integration based on defined requirements and detailed design
• Helping to solve complex software and systems problems
Candidates must have the following skills or qualifications:
• U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
• Must possess or be eligible to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Experience with object-oriented analysis, design, and development (e.g., in C , Java, etc.)
• Excellent communications skills to communicate technical issues and status in both written and oral form
• Excel working in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
• Be familiar with standard software development practices and willing to adapt them to Rockwell Collins software development processes.
• Consistently produce superior results, keeping projects on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
Preferred, but not required, experience/skills with any of the following:
• Radio communications systems
• Multi-threaded embedded application software development and integration in C
• Unified Modeling Language (UML) and design patterns
• Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) and Extensible Markup Language (XML)
• IP networking and networking protocols, particularly with network service layers 2 and 3
• Comfortable working in a Linux development environment
• Mobile ad-hoc networks (MANETs)
• Scripting languages such as python and perl
• Digital signal processing
Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other Bachelor of Arts in a STEM program (including Computer Science) that included 12 semester (or 18 quarter) credit hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10 semester (or 15 quarter) credit hours in natural science (biology, chemistry, earth sciences) including physics is required.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches 50% of your contributions up to 8%; an Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance, as well as tuition reimbursement. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Communications Engineering*
**Title:** *Software Engineer- Embedded Communications - New Grad*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000HH*
To apply for this job, contact: