Full Time Employee
Logistics Analyst/IETM Documentation Support (Job Number:422151)
- Plan, design, write, edit, provide graphics, proofread and finalize Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM), Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs), and test plans, procedures and results for systems, subsystems, components and test equipment for the EA-18G and P-8A FST programs.
- Interfaces with Engineers, Logisticians and Technical professionals in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documents such as specifications, manuals, reports, plans, training material and presentations.
- Researches a variety of assigned topics and develop writing plans and outlines.
- Assists in the development of supporting materials (illustrations, tables, etc.).
- Tracks and monitors flow of all documents from inception to distribution of final copies. Identifies and correct problem areas as they arise.
- Provides quality assurance check for all document deliverables.
- Utilizes appropriate computer software for document test production. Investigates and implement best ways to product documentation electronically.
- Establishes and maintain electronic and/or hardcopy data library of documents and work order files for documents received for processing.
- Must be able to conceptualize, format, structure, write, edit and finalize technical manuals, orders, specifications, modification of work orders and test plans, procedures and results.
- Working knowledge of specialized hardware and/or software for video/audio capture, layout design and editing technical documentation and operator/maintenance manuals.
- The candidate will be responsible for pushing through for signoffs/signatures, and ensuring the documents are tracked and deposited using the approved Navy process
- Experience in writing, editing and managing technical documentation and operator/maintenance manuals for military systems and equipment or equivalent.
- Requires Software Engineering technical writing experience to gather requirements and ensure proper documentation, such as:
- Application Requirements
- Developer Guides
- Coding Standards
- Database Design
- Software Requirements
- Software Quality Assurance Programs
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 3 years or more experience or High School Diploma and 7 years? experience in lieu of degree
- Must be technically competent and possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable military standards, specifications and test practices is desired.
- IETM / IETP Development Interactive technical manuals
- S1000D Conversion & Integration International content standards
- XML /SGML Authoring Convert and create structured content
- Technical Writing Authoring of operator, repair, and maintenance manuals
- Adobe Framemaker
- Adobe Animate
- Adobe Photoshop
- Corel Designer
- Position may require travel.
- Position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 29, 2016, 9:15:38 AM
Primary Location: United States-IN-CRANE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: