Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to work as a member of a small multi-skilled team. You will gather requirements, assess technology, and work with scientists and engineers from around the world to satisfy requirements. The technologies and solutions offered against the requirements are then presented to operators for evaluation and assessment. You will then work to take the successful technologies from proof of concept to full implementation. You will contribute to Broad Agency Announcements, write statements of work, evaluate white papers and proposals, manage contracts, measure performance, manage budget and schedule, and oversee the performance of technology contractors. You will plan, organize and conduct meetings with operators, first responders, decision makers and technology providers and producers in a working group format. The working groups are from many disciplines and from multiple agencies and organizations. Subject matter experts (SME) are used to assist these working groups. Responsibilities of this position include evaluating technology and preparing contract documents.
Additional responsibilities include: creating program documents and monitoring program execution using an automated system, performing technical analysis to support planning, financial actions, task management and project management, maintaining formal and informal communications with working group members, contractors, and management, preparing presentations and supporting the inclusion of other presenters into meeting agendas, and performing market research in specific technical areas.
List of specific functions
This position will be working in the area of Innovation for DoD Research and Development (R&D) and Technology Transition to end users. You will be supporting an interagency organization working with all Federal Departments and Agencies and with state and local first responders (law enforcement, fire departments, disaster response).
Serves as the technical advisor to DoD Program Managers and Senior Personnel for technology transition and innovation in a Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) environment. Perform technology transition and innovation functions in the following areas:
• Initiates and facilitates the transition and commercialization activities of DoD-funded technologies to include: business and partnership development, stakeholder analysis, acquisition community engagement, requirements analysis, Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) evaluation, Technology Readiness Level (TRL) and Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) assessments.
• Perform the following functions to ensure DoD-funded technologies, where applicable, transition to the commercial market and/or acquisition funding: execution of technology transition agreements, technology roadmap assessments, GSA Schedule engagement, and development of licensing agreements.
• Develop innovative business practices to provide additional tools and resources for government Program Managers that increase the number and diversity of solvers to government requirements.
• Collaborate with government Program Managers in order to develop transition strategies for technical programs.
• Advise government Program Managers and contractors on a wide variety of issues to include International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) and export control, and intellectual property rights.
The majority of the work will be performed on the government site in vicinity of Alexandria, VA. Travel will be required and can include international travel but will not typically exceed 25%. Travel may be performed in support of program reviews, test and evaluation trials, conferences, presentations, et cetera.
Requirements: The candidate must have, at minimum,
Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering Preferred, Science, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science)
At least 5 years of experience in DoD R&D and contracting
Experience in project management, project management support, or project analysis.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Other Skills Required: This position requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Technical background (engineering, science, mathematics).
• Experience in DoD RDT&E program management practices applicable to transition programs from RDT&E to the acquisition community and commercial market, where applicable.
• Knowledge of and experience with government acquisition, including financial, legal, and regulatory matters.
• Experience with technology transition, transition agreements, and TRL and MRL assessments.
• Knowledge of and experience with federal laws, rules, and regulations including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), ITAR, and the Privacy Act, as well as matters pertaining to intellectual property rights, and conflict of interest regulations.
• Experience providing the technical support required to identify and execute novel approaches to solving the customer/end user’s needs.
• Experience with innovative and/or non-traditional contracting models and solutions.
Clearance: Secret is required - eligible for TS/SCI
To apply for this job, contact: