Full Time Employee
Logistics Senior Principal - North Charleston, SC (Job Number:422155)
SAIC has a contingent career opportunity for a Logistics Senior Principal. This position will be located in North Charleston, SC and is contingent upon contract award.
The Logistics representative will be responsible for providing the Government with logistics technology, systems and applications to facilitate effective and economical manufacturing and/or in-service support of electronic systems and equipment for which support is provided under this contract. These individuals shall plan, direct and coordinate the logistics related support effort of teams of contractor specialists; ensure integration of these efforts with those performed by Government personnel and subcontractors; and initiate action to resolve anticipated and identified logistics support related problems and deficiencies. They will perform special research or technical studies concerning critical logistic support functions and will use computer techniques for analysis, simulation or information management.
- Performs system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems. Controls the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements.
- May also plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
- Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic processes.
- Logistics functions encompass maintenance, supply, transportation and logistics plans.
- Inherently included as logistics tasks are program formulation, policy planning, coordination, inspection, integrated logistics processes, joint planning logistics, acquisition and wholesale logistics, product support, asset visibility, material management and supervision Participates in development of advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories.
- Viewed as expert in field within the corporation.
- Establishes operational objectives and assignments.
- Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success of operation.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies which affect immediate operation(s) and may also have company-wide effect.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional Logistics Certification – i.e., Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certified in Lifecycle [Acquisition] Logistics Level 3, or have equivalent logistics training (resume to specify all equivalent training), or possess an additional five (5) years working in direct support of defense life-cycle logistics.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in defense life-cycle (acquisition) logistics support (or 20 years if not DAWIA Level 3 certified) of electronic systems, to include: logistics management, principles, practices, and processes.
- Eight (8) years of experience in support of C4ISR systems.
- Demonstrated management skills, to include: Analyzing Contracts, Analyzing System Design Specifications, Analyzing Engineering/Systems Management Data, Developing Logistics Plans and Procedures, and Developing Logistics Management Plans and Guidelines.
- Experience supervising Logistics Specialists.
Note: Experience may be concurrent.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 29, 2016, 10:25:59 PM
Primary Location: United States-SC-NORTH CHARLESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: