Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr. Electro-Mechanical Designer to join our team in Irvine, Ca. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Our Flight Controls business unit designs and tests complex mechanical mechanisms used in the cockpit and the tail of Business and Air Transport aircraft. This physically and operationally collaborative environment is an excellent opportunity to push creative and technical skills in making air travel functional and safe for our customers and passengers.
The candidate will perform a wide variety of highly complex technical tasks which requires knowledge of engineering techniques and mechanical design theory in the creation of computer models to determine design solutions for electro-mechanical flight control equipment and systems. They will assist in the modification of engineering design prototypes and/or first article equipment in preparation for production design release of product. They will assist in the creation of design documentation and release of documentation into the enterprise PDM business systems. They will be capable of completing design tasks based on knowledge of the product parameters or design requirements and with minimal involvement of the engineer.
Tasks involve the preparation of required records for the release of design data and design documentation into the company data and documentation control systems. The candidate will assist engineering in determining and employing proper specifications for materials, finishes and processes and prepare precision design layouts per verbal instructions, sketches, diagrams, existing hardware or engineering lab models, received from both mechanical engineering and other technical support for the project.
The position will require basic knowledge of material properties, fabrication processes and structural analysis techniques and Mechanical Computer Aided Engineering (MCAE) tools. Unigraphics NX experience is highly recommended. The candidate will be working under direction of the Mechanical Engineers with expected self-direction in the design execution of advanced Fly-By-Wire pilot controls devices or geared linear actuation. The position will include coordination with the Lead Engineers, and other technical disciplines in the performance of analysis, design and testing of mechanical systems. The candidate will need:
• Basic domain knowledge of geared actuators or pilot controls and systems or similar equipment
• Strong knowledge of 3D CAD modeling, preferably using UNIGRAPHICS/NX
• Proficiency in design tolerance analysis
• Proficiency in Drawing Standards and GD&T
• Ability to review hardware defect trends, identify systemic root causes and process improvements.
• Be able to recommend new approaches, tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement in hardware development processes.
* Associate’s degree or, in absence of a degree, three years of work experience required
* US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) is required.
* Proficiency in Drawing Standards and GD&T
* Strong knowledge of 3D CAD modeling, preferably using UNIGRAPHICS/NX
* Experience with Pilot Controls and/or Geared Actuation or similar aircraft mechanisms is preferred.
* The Candidate must have good communication skills, for both internal and external communications
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation.We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Technicians (Non-Represented)*
**Organization:** **Mechanical Design Support*
**Title:** *Sr Electro-Mechanical Designer*
**Location:** *California-Irvine, CA*
**Requisition ID:** *TEC0000009O*
To apply for this job, contact: