M C Dean Inc. (www.mcdean.com)
District of Columbia
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Note to applicants: This requisition is focused on Telecommunications Structured Cabling Design, not Network Engineering.
The Telecommunications Structured Cabling Designer position involves the design, coordination, and specifying of telecommunication distribution systems and infrastructure for medium to large projects. The designer coordinates and designs pathways and cabling for inside and outside plant infrastructure, produces floor plans that illustrate communication outlet locations, enlarged plans of telecommunication spaces, and provides labeling plans and run lists to support the design. The designer creates project specifications for construction, materials, and testing of components. The designer will oversee the project throughout the entire project lifecycle, assisting with construction issues, scheduling and budget. The successful candidate will have an opportunity for experience in active systems to include public address, distributed antenna systems, and nurse call.. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
1) Producing detailed design drawings in AutoCAD or REVIT based on project criteria.
2) Producing detailed shop drawings in AutoCAD or REVIT based on project criteria.
3) Coordinating communication outlet types, configurations, and locations.
4) Producing detailed floor plan and enlarged telecommunication space designs.
5) Coordinate infrastructure needs with other systems: CCTV, Access Control, A/V, Fire Alarm, WLAN, Building Automation, etc.
6) Coordinating and producing detailed pathway designs to support inside and outside plant cabling infrastructure to include fill calculations.
7) Producing and managing cabling run lists.
8) Creating and editing project specifications based on project criteria.
9) Producing test plans.
10) Producing and reviewing project submittals.
11) Producing and responding to Requests for Information (RFI)
12) Assisting capture teams with take offs and proposal development.
13) Develop compliance matrices and other project support documentation.
14) Create and maintain drawing, specification, studies, and various design logs.
15) Assisting project teams with producing project deliverables.
16) Be actively engaged with the project quality control process and produce reports based on observations made on site visits.
17) Provide or assist in the design of active systems to include: nurse call systems, public address systems, distributed antenna systems, and emergency phones.
18) Produce plans and test procedures for Pre-Installation and Check Out (PITCO) activities.
19) Develop an in depth knowledge of and utilize relevant sections of NFPA codes, TIA Standards, BICSI publications, or other relevant criteria.?
1) Minimum five 8-10 year’s experience in the telecommunications structured cabling industry to include inside and outside plant pathways, cabling, components, testing, and design. Or Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field with 2-4 year’s experience of the same.
2) Detailed, motivated, self-starter; must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
3) Must be willing to expand knowledge base to new systems and technologies as project demand dictates.
4) Must poses and demonstrate basic understanding of TIA standards and NFPA Codes.
5) Must be able to successfully pass an extensive background check and meet minimum requirements to obtain a security clearance?
1) BICSI RCDD
2) Experience working with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) or Building Information Management (BIM) systems such as REVIT.
3) Working knowledge of active communication systems such as Public Address, Nurse Call, Distributed Antenna Systems, WLAN, Emergency Phones.
4) Manufacturer certifications a plus.
5) Prior field installation and testing experience a plus.??