Full Time Employee Contractor
The successful candidate for this position will be part of the Materiel Fielding Support Team. Provides technical direction to design and development teams, and monitors progress and productivity through the use of metrics.
• This position requires a self-starter who is highly motivated and capable of providing direction.
• The successful candidate will operate as part of the Materiel Fielding Support Team
• The successful candidate will load and configure software for fielding
• The successful candidate will document and report software anomolies and provide potential solutions to the customer.
• This position requires occassional travel. Travel may include hostile fire zones.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be capable of providing detailed technical support for software development programs with minimal management supervision.
• Must have knowledge of modern software development processes, to include object-oriented development and use of tools, and how to apply them to software application program development.
• Must be capable of translating operational requirements into detailed software/system requirements.
• Must be capable of integrating COTS products into software/system architectures.
• Must be able to rapidly digest new tools and technologies and integrate them into existing products and processes.
• Must have knowledge of distributed systems, and issues regarding database replication and distribution for distributed systems.
• Must have a general understanding of communications protocols, and be able to quickly understand the Common Operating Environment and Army Technical Architecture guidelines.
• Must have demonstrated ability to provide software support on a large software development effort with minimal management supervision.
• Must have knowledge of modern software development processes and tools, and track record of applying them to programs.
• Must have a minimum of an active SECRET security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information.
• Requires occassional travel including travel to hostile fire zones
• Military experience
• Experience with all DCGS-A Family of Systems, i.e. DTSS, TGS, GWS, IFS, P-MFWS etc.
• Familiarization with the following hardware: Dell Servers, Dell Laptops, NetApp FAS2020/2040, NetApp Disk Shelf, Cisco Switches, Sun Microsystems hardware. Knowledge of Unix/Linux/DOS commands. Knowledge of Windows Client/Server Software and Solaris 10.
• Knowledge of Army organizational structure.
• Familiarity with AR 700-142 and DA PAM 700-142.
**Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to **classified information.
More Information: This job opening is just one of the many openings we have. For more information about ManTech, visit us at our web site www.mantech.com and click on CAREERS. ManTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are urged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job, contact: