Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Works with the Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer to drive the vision and develop the overall inclusion and diversity strategy for Parkland Health & Hospital System (Parkland). Collaborates with all Office of Talent Management and other operational leaders and their teams to ensure an impactful implementation of such strategy. Directs the administration of a best in class supplier diversity program to ensure equal opportunity in business opportunities with Parkland and advance the diversity of our supplier base.
1. Engage Parkland’s Talent:
a. Drives organizational understanding of the impact of inclusion and diversity on patient and employee experience and the financial results of the organization.
b. Partners with Parkland Academy to develop and deliver relevant Inclusion and Diversity curriculum and learning experiences/interventions.
c. Works with Talent Acquisition to develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment strategy that ensures equitable access to job opportunities and results in senior leaders effectively reflecting the communities we serve.
d. Establishes and leads employee resource groups and ensures their efforts are aligned with Parkland’s strategic priorities to maximize patient, community and employee impact.
2. Connect with Parkland’s Patients:
a. Collaborates with our clinical providers and Parkland Academy to develop culturally competent care learning experiences that result in enhanced patient experiences and health outcomes for our diverse patient population.
3. Partner with Parkland’s Community:
a. Works with Parkland Academy, Procurement, Talent Acquisition, Community Outreach and Population Health to ensure equitable access to our internships, academic programs, supplier contracts, job postings, and health services.
b. Drives the development and implementation of Parkland’s enterprise-wide Supplier Diversity programs ensuring equitable access to women and minority owned businesses. Including:
• Development and tracking of attainable tier I and tier II utilization goals.
• Recommends objectives, targets, policies, procedures, guidelines, reports, and tools for use by Parkland agents for identifying and mitigating competitive disadvantages for MWBEs
• RFP, vendor selection and contract negotiation with prospective diverse suppliers.
4. Be a Parkland Leader:
a. Selects, trains, schedules, motivates, supervises, and evaluates employees, to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities.
b. Evaluates innovative solutions to drive Parkland’s Inclusion & Supplier Diversity strategy.
c. Develops mechanisms and metrics to analyze effectiveness and impact.
d. Analyzes the design of the team to improves effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency.
e. Develops and monitors annual budgets that ensure the Inclusion & Diversity department has the necessary funds to carry out the goals and objectives that have been established for the department.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or a related field.
- Prefer Master's degree in a related field.
- Must have seven years of progressive experience in the area of Inclusion & Diversity including leading a Supplier Diversity program.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have the ability to facilitate team interventions to address inclusion and diversity matters.
- Must have knowledge of local, state and federal policies governing Minority Women Business Enterprise (MWBE) related programs.
- Must have knowledge of purchasing processes and procedures.
- Must be able to consistently model inclusive behaviors.
- Must have strong interpersonal and collaborative skills with a customer focus: Must be able to foster and maintain sound working relationships with internal clients, and peers.
- Must have the ability to communicate well and build credibility at all levels of the organization and community
- Must have a strong team orientation, achieving results by working with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.Inclusion & Diversity
To apply for this job, contact: