Full Time Employee
Sr Principal Field Engineer - North Charleston, SC (Job Number:422126)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Sr Principal Field Engineer. This position will be located in North Charleston, SC and is contingent upon contract award.
The Sr Principal Field Engineer will:
- Provide subject material to develop technical documentation, provide consultation to management personnel, or prepare and conduct training on matters relating to Aviation Command and Control projects or projects and research unique to ATC equipment/systems/operations (FAA, other DoD, ships and range sites included) with Navy/Marine Corps Shore ATC experience desired.
- Act as the company engineering representative with overarching responsibility for implementation and optimization of hardware and/or software products and multi-vendor systems at customer sites including oversight and integration support of existing hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within area of responsibility.
- Be responsible for installation of software maintenance releases or hardware upgrades including the oversight of the installation process and test procedures to diagnose and resolve product performance problems at installation.
- Identify areas requiring product improvement and approve/implement upgrades and hardware or software engineering change orders.
- Provide feedback and customer support regarding product performance problems and suggested solutions which may require product exchanges or more complex problem solving.
- Prepare and conduct special reports and presentations pertinent to company products and services, field operations or other applications.
- Plan, prepare and conduct on-the-job training as required in support of the foregoing activities.
- (May) oversee a team of field service technicians and train, monitor, and otherwise assist lower level service technicians. This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Technical Training in ATC, Meteorology and Oceanography (METOC), United States Antarctic Program (USAP), Naval Flight Information Group (NAVFIG) Terminal Instrument Procedures (TERPS) Program, and the U. S. Air Forces Central (USAFCENT) programs, systems, and equipment.
- Eighteen (18) years of hands-on experience with Aviation Command and Control Projects, to include three (3) of the following four (4) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training.
- Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in Aviation Command and Control Technical Field.
- Shall have the experience and required training identified for at least one of the following ATC specialty areas: 1) NAVAIDS and ATC Equipment, 2) Airfield Operations, 3) ATC Communications, and 4) ATC Radar.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 3, 2016, 4:04:55 PM
Primary Location: United States-SC-NORTH CHARLESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: