Crowley Maritime Corporation (www.crowley.com)
Full Time Employee
SUMMARY: Responsible for managing all aspects of the quality assurance program within a geographical area of the United States ensuring compliance with Government contracts and Crowley business units policies and procedures.
5 Positions in Jacksonville Florida
1 Position in Susquehanna, PA
1 Position in Texarkana, TX
1 Position in Tracy, CA
Total Number of positions: 8
1. Maintains and enforces the quality assurance plan for the Defense Freight Transportation Services (DFTS) contract; including service quality standards; quality scorecards; monitoring; coaching; performance metric assessment; and improvement actions.
2. Ensures team standards for quality service are achieved and initiates improvement actions when necessary.
3. Works collaboratively with the Quality Assurance Manager and other Quality Assurance Representatives to ensure consistency in quality service requirements.
4. Monitors and reports program performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and performance standards; initiating improvement actions when opportunities are identified.
5. Build strong liaison relationships with customer base, maintain reliable communications with customers regarding changes in pick-up and delivery schedules and potential service failures. Communicate customer problems, needs, leads and inquiries to the sales force. Quote customers on new lanes when requested and take any opportunity with customers to expand our business.
6. Analyzes performance trends and takes proactive steps to prevent service shortcomings.
7. Generate analysis and reporting of historical workload/throughput results.
8. Document anomalies, issues and potential gaps on services.
9. Reports performance information through formal and informal reports that may be contractual deliverables.
10. Represents the quality function to clients; serving as a point of contact for quality inquiries.
11. Conducts process and product audits to confirm compliance with company policies and contract requirements.
12. Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently support multiple projects/priorities with varying complexity.
13. Strong troubleshooting skills. Participates in special projects as required.
14. Ability to frequently travel visiting customers within the geographical area of responsibility.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business, transportation or a related field. Master’s degree and Lean Six Sigma preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5 or more years of experience in the trucking industry. U.S. Government logistics, transportation or acquisition. Experience at a non-asset based transportation logistics company preferred.
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY: Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Access and Excel.
COMPETENCIES: Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including conveying technical information to technical and non-technical users. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external business partners. Ability to evaluate process effectiveness and develop change or alternatives. Ability to function effectively with, or as part of a team. Ability to indirectly mentor, coach, train and/or supervise employees. Ability to effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope. Ability to identify and/or document existing and new trend, as well as evaluate and predict their impact on the organization. Knowledge of and ability to apply the concepts, principles and practices of change management. Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related professional/company standards as well as applicable federal, state and/or local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations. Knowledge of and ability to apply the principles and practices to strategically align tasks and people with organizational goals and objectives. Exceptional customer service focus and skills.
JOB SCOPE: Position impacts multiple business units/segments.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like. Extended use of a computer keyboard, viewing of a computer monitor and the ability to sit for long periods of time. Frequent travel within the geographical area of responsibility will be required up to 60% annually.
DATE CREATED/REVISED: 10/4/2016
To apply for this job, contact: