Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** Required Experience:
• Fifteen (15) or more years of experience in Software Development, Computer Science/Engineering or related industry.
• Eight (8) or more years of experience in supervising or managing software development and engineering.
• Experience in delivery of software within diverse development IDEs such as Eclipse, VS and .NET, programming languages like C#, C++, Java, database environments like MS SQL.
• Integrating systems with 3rd party systems using APIs, web services.
• Experience in leading multiple software teams in design/development/implementation of large and complex systems.
• Experience in networking, server, applications and storage domains.
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of Arinc Airport products and Airports industry in general is high desirable.
• Understanding of Cloud technology and provisioning models.
• Specific product development experience is desirable.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field. Will also consider candidates with Bachelor’s degree and pertinent experience.
Be able to provide sound engineering guidance and leadership to various development teams. Be able to quickly get up to speed on variety of airport products that utilize diverse technologies and platforms. Be able to understand/guide the low level engineering of products and also relate to business objectives and drivers. Be able to introduce new development practices that help improve costs and time to market. This position will entail overseeing and delivering several large scale software development projects concurrently.
**Job #:** 16802BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins IMS (formerly ARINC), it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
Airports business unit in Annapolis, MD is seeking Director of Product Development to support the development of airport products and solutions for the Rockwell Collins Information Management Services (IMS) business division. The Director of product development is a highly visible position with the primary objective of bringing new products and solutions to market with a focus on quality, cost effectiveness and reliability. This position offers a unique opportunity to shape the future products and services for RC Airports business.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage four (4) separate software development teams focused on diverse airport product sets a) MUSE Cloud Services b) Passenger Processing c) Airport Operational Database and Passenger Verification, and d) Flight Information Display System and Resource Management System.
• Manage all new product development pertaining to these products through the capital program.
• Full responsibility of design/architecture/development of these systems.
• Work closely with PM and be ultimately responsible for delivering new projects on time, within budget and meet or exceed requirements/business needs.
• Work closely with Product Management and regions to define product direction.
• Work closely with Product Management, Requirements and Test teams to ensure product development is in line with requirements and roadmap.
• Ensure software design and development for all products follows industry best practices and results in flexible, modular, scalable and highly reliable products.
• Work with Applications Support and Systems Production teams to ensure that new product design and architecture does not negatively impact existing install base.
• Liaise with Applications Support and Systems Production teams to put a sustainable Knowledge Transfer program in place to ensure those teams are able to effectively take over the ongoing support and development of capital products.
• Implement appropriate processes/procedures to ensure engineering deliverables are high quality with cost effectiveness. Improve the quality of code delivered by Engineering to QA.
• Monitor technology trends and emerging standards for new technology opportunities within development.
Expectations of the selected candidate in the first 12 months:
• Successfully deliver first milestone of the capital investment plan with new products and features.
• Establish a MUSE Cloud Services program with successful pilot project which will form the baseline for production system.
• Successful engagement with 3rd parties on joint development initiatives, such as APC kiosks and bring those to market.
• Implement software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies and processes that improve the quality of produced software. Expand Agile/Scrum software development framework to all product teams. Successfully transition product development to efficient, cost effective and high quality program.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one as an employee kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, educational assistance, and flexible work schedules. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 50%-75%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: