Full Time Employee
Senior Exercise Planner (Job Number:422320)
SAIC currently has a position for a Senior Exercise Planner to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in support of the Operations, Readiness, & Exercises Directorate (J3/7) in Fort Belvoir, VA.
Candidate shall provide assistance in the development and execution of exercises comprised of event design, planning, preparation, execution, and evaluation, to include table-top exercises (TTX), senior leader seminars (SLS), and other activities as required.
Primary tasks include:
- Organizing, coordinating, executing, and supporting meetings, planning exercises, and providing evaluation testing, studies, and crisis support and emergency responses pertaining to CBRN mitigation, response, and recovery operations, This shall include providing support and administration to working groups, conferences, and pre-/post-meeting support.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, execution and presentation of the CBRN accident and incident response procedures courses.
- Review, validate, assess, and assist in the development CBRN accident and incident response policy and procedures.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, execute and track multiple concurrent training, exercises, tabletop exercises (TTXs), workshops, seminars, meetings and conferences.
- Review agreements, joint plans and other documents at the strategic, operational and tactical levels of command and control.
- Oversee implementation and effectiveness of CBRN incident readiness through participation in and support to the senior level CBRN accident and incident response and recovery exercises and training, and high-level interagency working groups and conferences.
Some travel may be required.
- A Senior Exercise Planner requires a minimum of five (5) years of practical experience in DOD and US Government Interagency exercises, such as the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff Exercise Program, Combatant Commanders Exercises, and the National Exercise Programs related to CBRN Responses.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- The candidate must have experience as a professional on a multi- disciplinary team and have experiences to include all aspects of organizing, planning, and executing DOD and Interagency exercises.
- The Senior Exercise Planner must demonstrate subject matter expertise in support of the planning and execution of joint CBRN defense training at the combatant commands and/or component commands levels.
- The Senior Exercise Planner’s experience will include Exercise Planning, Development, and Execution efforts inclusive of Full Scale, Command Post, Table Top Exercises, the Joint Event Life Cycle Management, Planning Conference Organization, Exercise Plan Development and Master Scenario of Events List Development and documenting events (e.g. AARs, programmatic strategic documentation, Master Scenario Events List (MSEL), Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS), information papers.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 4, 2016, 12:35:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FORT BELVOIR
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: