ConAgra Foods (www.conagrafoodscareers.com/)
Full Time Employee
As you know, at ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we are creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest.?
For more than 60 years, Lamb Weston has been a leading supplier of frozen potato products to customers around the world, and a bellwether of innovation within the potato industry. But while we're proud of our venerable history, what really excites us is our prospects for the future: original, groundbreaking products just over the horizon; new, inventive ways of helping our customers be more profitable; and game changing innovations that still have yet to be, well, innovated.
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston, we don’t just make everyday food in extraordinary ways – we create a work environment where everyday people can accomplish extraordinary things. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization’s goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
**Internships are available only to Junior or Senior standing, Master's, or PhD students enrolled in an accredited college program in relevant field of study.
All interns will be directly supervised by a member of the Enterprise Safety, Health, & Environment staff and be based in one the Lamb Weston Pasco, WA manufacturing facility.
For each project, the intern will be assigned a "mentor" to work with side-by-side to complete the project. Each assignment will require a written report from the intern as well as documented assessment / review by the Safety, Health & Environment professional assigned as a mentor.
· Ergonomics: the intern will conduct an ergonomic assessment using the ConAgra Ergonomic Assessment tool in conjunction with our Ergonomist. They will develop a written report detailing the issue, assessment, and possible corrective actions.
· Industrial Hygiene: the intern will accompany the Corporate Industrial Hygienist to a facility to complete an IH assessment. The intern will assist the IH with determining scope of the assessment, setting up monitors for both air and noise, completing the data collection forms, submitting samples to appropriate laboratories for analysis, and completing a final report. A written summary report will be the work product.
· Policy and training program development: the intern will assist with development of a safety policy and training program based on an OSHA regulation. They will work with the Director of Safety Services as part of the development process.
· Audit: the intern will accompany an audit team for a one week comprehensive Safety, Health and Environment audit at a manufacturing location. Intern will work with the Director of Compliance to ensure they are prepared to actively participate in the audit including walk-through, interview of employees, and development of the report / recommendations.
· Key Concepts of Safety process: the intern will accompany a member of the S, H & E staff to a facility to observe an eight hour training in Key Concepts. The intern will also work with a member of the S, H & E staff to complete a Key Concepts audit of a facility.
· Trend Analysis / Reporting: the intern will work with the S, H & E Data Management position to produce the monthly statistical reports for one fiscal period. They will also develop trend analysis data and create recommendations for improvement.
· Environment: the intern will accompany a Platform Director of Environment on a facility visit for follow up on previous recommendations and process review. A Facility Visit Report will be the work product / output.
· Other projects will be assigned based on time remaining in the internship, issues occurring at facilities, etc. At all times the intern will be assigned a working partner through the Enterprise S, H and E staff of professionals.
· Progress towards a degree in Safety & Health or related technical field. Related fields include Mechanical/Industrial Engineering.
· Minimum GPA 3.0
· Strong results orientation.
· Demonstrated strengths in relationship building, problem solving and conflict management.
· Ability to problem solve with limited guidance
· Continuous improvement mindset and methodology
· Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong computer competency. Experience with MS suite of products desirable.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.Manufacturing/Operations
To apply for this job, contact: