Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Aviation Analyst (Job Number:422316)
- Works in concert with team leaders and members engaged in the analysis and study of complex aviation technical and operational issues.
- Individually, or with team members, develops, analyzes, evaluated and advises on methods and techniques to improve performance of the air transportation system.
- Based on study findings, prepares draft detailed recommendations on methods, procedures to apply and alternative means to improve the air transportation system.
- Utilizes and applies knowledge of web information technology and associated tools such as micro media flash, adobe, sharepoint, etc. to provide an information format for Government and industry personnel and the general public.
- Contractor shall support achieving performance targets for the Aircraft Maintenance Division, AFS-360 Flight Standards Service - Avionics Branch responsible for regulations and national policy governing the certification, inspection, and surveillance of the maintenance aspects of ADS?B avionics equipage (transmitter & GPS by manufacturer make/model) and associated Repair Station Identifiers.
- Contractor shall provide data analysis, including development, maintenance and configuration of complex spread sheets to evaluate avionics trending and HR forecasting tasks and:
- a. Maintain transmitter and GPS updates to SPAS database for viewing of airworthiness records (FAA Form 337) for each identified aircraft to determine ADS?B equipage & repair station identifier
- b. Draw data from ADS?B Performance Monitor, Avionics Registry Management function, to update aircraft equipage & repair station data for each aircraft
- c. Maintain preparation of database for turnover to ongoing database maintenance activities.
- Contractor shall support evaluations of compliance with the ADS-B rule, and support compliance and certification reports for field approvals and post installation performance certification per AC 20-165B section 4-3 a (1).
- Contractor shall provide analytical support to assist the FAA with correcting common errors such as: Missing Barometric Pressure Altitude Air/Ground Determination Issues Flight ID issues including Missing Flight ID 3-letter identifier Duplicate & Wrong ICAO #’s Invalid Mode 3/A Code — Mitigation in place Incorrect Emitter Category Aircraft with Position Errors
Clearance Level Must Possess: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 5 years of direct aviation experience concerning flight operations and, as appropriate, experience as a pilot with a commercial or airline transport pilot rating.
Bachelor’s Degree may be waived with 10 years of experience in performing the above duties.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 5, 2016, 7:54:25 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: